Sport Compact General \  Why do they call it "uni-body drop"

Why do they call it "uni-body drop"

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 1771
replies 30
following 28

LowBlazin   +1y
Originally posted by poontang2005

I've been a little confused on a similar subject, why do they call it taking a dump when really you're leaving something?perfect analogy to show how questioning the technicalities should be left alone

Severed701   +1y
actually "channeling" refers to cutting out a "channel" in the floor to the frame to sit in...body dropped is cutting the entire outer body loose from the floor and dropping it.....
shavedmax   +1y
Originally posted by Severed701

actually "channeling" refers to cutting out a "channel" in the floor to the frame to sit in...body dropped is cutting the entire outer body loose from the floor and dropping it.....

last i checked no old school hot rodder ever bodydropped their car in the 50's and 60's. they use the term channeling.they cut out the floor boards and lowered the car over the frame. the easiest way to do this is cutting the extreme ends and having one filler piece on each side of the body, instead of four(2 on each side of the frame) they may have been crude back in the days but they werent stupid. it all comes down to how you interpret the word or phrase. what's a chop top to you? to some that means a lowered roof, to others it means cutting it off. what's your front wheel mounted to, a knuckle or a spindle? do you have a windshield pilar, an A pilar or a hinge pilar? is an SLA(short arm long arm)suspension a wishbone suspension, or an A arm, or is it a control arm??lotsa different words that means the same sh!t

in the end the idea of saying a car is channeled, body-dropped or unibody-dropped just means that the body is lower than the frame. if you have a unibody w/o a frame, how else yould you call cutting out your strut towers, re engineering your suspension, rebuilding 1/4 dog legs? or do you just call that hacking up the car..............because that's what they were doing back in the day when the channeled cars.

low95ranger   +1y
they call it taking a dump because you are taking your shit and dumping it in the toilet right?
jigger   +1y
show me some rear pictures for accord any body thanks
Wakeboard03S10   +1y
why do we drive on park ways and park on drive ways? Explain that to me.
laidout94toy   +1y
Why is an orange called an orange and a bannana not called a yellow? WTF?
sicsan   +1y
i dont know but ive only seen a couple i like that red accord and that civic from awhile back the rest of them just need to end up in a metal ben
charlesskelter   +1y
Originally posted by sicsan

i dont know but ive only seen a couple i like that red accord and that civic from awhile back the rest of them just need to end up in a metal ben

Now that's not nice... but you Cadi is, minus the 22's. Ever out Concord way in the Cadi?
sicsan   +1y
Originally posted by starion88esir

Originally posted by sicsan

Now that's not nice... but you Cadi is, minus the 22's. Ever out Concord way in the Cadi?

minus the 22's???????????? what o i need to do put a hubcap and a dumb ass lookin whitewall on it like everyone else does??? nope done did that when i first got it. thats a easy way out and makes it look like the other 200 out there. hahahaha naw dont go to concord much just mooresville and rockhill and it drinks a alot of gas so i just leave it at home alot to