Page 2 of 4
Sport Compact General \  Why do they call it "uni-body drop"

Why do they call it "uni-body drop"

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 1772
replies 30
following 28

fatheadjames   +1y
That's it up with hope down with dope. Oh I mean yea we should change it. I always thought it was weird to call it that but that's what everyone elde called it so I ran with it.
4uh8rs   +1y
some people call the uni-body drop a pan drop
loudciv   +1y
Edited: 1/18/2006 9:00:17 AM by loudciv

Posted - 28 July 2004 9:17--------------------------------------------------------------------------------u can still cut and raise the floor on a unibody. once u redo the suspension to get enough travel outta it, cut the floor out so the rockers lay. i know on my accord theres about only about 1/2" - 3/8" from the rockers to the ground. the question is, is it worth raising the floor for that extra 1/2"? just my .02, but i think thats the only TRUE way of unibody dropping.

my suspension from my profile:"tube front clip (lays flat unibody pan), redesigned rear suspension inside trunk w/ adjustable camber & toe, shocks all the way around"

i think this is accurate.
FloorVair   +1y
With the uni-body drop im about to start on i am dropping the body over the "sectioned" uni-body sturcture. Im cutting the floor out and raising is into the car, and sectioning the subframes that go up in the front and rear, so yes i would consider this a uni-body drop.
LittleShopLackey   +1y
I think we should quit saying bodydrop and call it "Frame Raised".
We dont' need anymore terms lol, people are confused enough in general as it is. If you tell me a car is UNI-BODYDROPPED.... i'm gonna know its sittin on its nuts and thats all that matters.
i can see it now... 3 years from now, there will be posts on SSM:
"What's the difference in a Uni-Bodydrop and a Tubbed Bodydrop?" lol
mike
poontang2005   +1y
I've been a little confused on a similar subject, why do they call it taking a dump when really you're leaving something?
LittleShopLackey   +1y
exactly. i mean where are you taking it?? better yet why are you taking it?
good point.
BigJay43   +1y
Originally posted by LittleShopLackey

I think we should quit saying bodydrop and call it "Frame Raised". We dont' need anymore terms lol, people are confused enough in general as it is. If you tell me a car is UNI-BODYDROPPED.... i'm gonna know its sittin on its nuts and thats all that matters. i can see it now... 3 years from now, there will be posts on SSM: "What's the difference in a Uni-Bodydrop and a Tubbed Bodydrop?" lolmike

^i'll agree with this one..

and lmfao @taking a dump and not taking anything..
shavedmax   +1y
if you really want to be accurate we should stop calling it a body-drop and start calling it channeling since thats what the hotrodders and lead sleaders called it way before anyone with a truck did it.
nut   +1y
Originally posted by poontang2005

I've been a little confused on a similar subject, why do they call it taking a dump when really you're leaving something?

That is officially the smartest question anyone has ever asked on this entire site. Fuckin amen brother ;x