Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  isuzu/toyota hub conversion

isuzu/toyota hub conversion

Isuzu Make Specific
views 706
replies 7
following 8

dizzle   +1y
i heard from a couple people it was possible to put toyota hubs on an isuzu.anyone know if its true?
draginzuzu   +1y
Ok I did this yesterday so I can tell you it seams to work, I used the isuzu spindles and the yota bearings and hub, also we had to space out the caliper a little but it seams to bolt right up. Ill let you know more after I drive it.
downforce   +1y

What about the rear? is the Toyota differential a simple bolt on for the Isuzu rear?
railin93   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2009 9:58:21 PM by railin93

i dont know about the rears but the mid 80's yota rear according to Twisted Miniz is like 58.5" and the 'zu is supposed ot be a lot wider...i have mine out now so i can measure to make sure exactly how wide mine is later... as for the front, the 'zu and the yota use the same bearings (national bearings a-3 and a-5)...just gotta use the inner seal from the 'zu i heard and then slap them bitches together and make sure you space the caliper like 1/16" or so to center the rotor...
dapeacock   +1y
look i got a 85 isuzu pup and i got 17" caddy rims but on the front i cant get the center caps on because of grease trap sticks out to far. How can i fix it so i can have front center caps...
low_isuzu   +1y

dapeacock, that has nothing to do with a 5lug swap but the easyest solution is conver to 5 lug and sell you over played caddi rims  but if you really want to run the caps you have to get like 1/4 inch wheel spaces and knock off your dust caps. you may need to replace the retaining pin for you hub so it doesnt go over the front of the shaft as well. its a close fit. i think i even needed to trim the inside of the cap a hair.
dwatkins   +1y

I just measured my disc brake rear end and its 59" wide so I don't know if the disc rears are more narrow than the drum rears but mine is 59". So I think Im just gonna have mine redrilled to 5 lug and swap the front hubs to toyota.
LaynRockers   +1y

If you need the rear redrilled I do them. I am not sure where Winchester is but I am in TN on the boarder of KY on I-75. If I can be of assiatance let me know. John
Page 1 of 1