threads
Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  How do you do a Toyota 5 lug conversion on an Isuzu!?! REALLY!!!!

How do you do a Toyota 5 lug conversion on an Isuzu!?! REALLY!!!!

Isuzu Make Specific
views 931
replies 7
following 6

VC REEVES   +1y
....All I see are half assed threads on here, and every other forum, ....has anyone done it successfully? I saw one thread that a guy swapped out the hubs....but that was 2006 and no further posts were done. So I have to ask.....is he dead!?!
I have done the research and found yes Isuzu and Toyota use the same inner, and outer bearings. A-3 / A-5
I googled, and I know that Toyota and Mitsubishi once where large share holders of Isuzu, so I see where money would be saved...but, have yet to find specs on the spindles themselves...to see if it is a quick swap or not.
****I also saw that Nissans have to be worked a little or the bearings snap the spindle due to not seating right.
Does this happen to the Zu?
-Can anyone on here tell me that they have done this Toyota hub swap, and have been driving for years on it....or not?

Just looking for an answer. Thanks.
Lowest fuckin datsun   +1y
Edited: 6/19/2010 8:47:03 PM by Lowest fuckin datsun

learn to read better. that would be a good start. i know i have stated in several differant forums under differant names saying that the toyota rotor and hub goes right the fuck on an isuzu spindle. flip the washers on the isuzu calliper to move it out that cunt hair that it needs to go and your good to go in the front. yes i have done it, and yes its freakin awesome. now get to work.
VC REEVES   +1y
Thank you....i think. Every forum I went to started out with how easy it was, but never finished with a testimonial. Even if you look in this Isuzu forum, there are 21480563486346....post but none say yes it works. They all go off into a rant about rear ends and what he has, trade for this....NO ANSWER to the question at hand. Now there is ONE.  -anyone else have this done? ....I am just looking out for the well being of me and my wife.  Again thank you.
j_kinz   +1y

What other forums are you guys getting on, I just bought an 89 Zu and want to do this swap also. I take it you have to use the pre-taco hubs. Is there any change in offset, and does the yota rear end need to be narrowed or anything? Thanks for the help too.
Lowest fuckin datsun   +1y

isuzuscene.com i am low_isuzu on there and use to be low_isuzu on here as well as low_burban.

yeah the front hubs work just fine and dandy. and the yota rear end is already narrower then the isuzu. as far as offset change... idk. i was running stock fenders with a FWD offset.

92zuzuman   +1y
 Yeah it really is that easy to do as wes mentioned. For me the hardest part was FINDING a set of yota hub and rotors to do it with. There are none in the junkyards around my area, i think they all get exported cause they need parts really bad in mexico.
Ajc23   4 mo
What year hubs did you guys get? I got a set of 75-83 hubs and now I can't find a set of rotors to save my life
Page 1 of 1