threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 \  22r aftermarket cam??? yes or no??

22r aftermarket cam??? yes or no??

Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2202
replies 5
following 4

rynodragster   +1y
okay guys, i blew the motor in my truck the other day, (22r), i had another on the stand in the process of being built but im now being forced into high gear... Im looking at a comp cams camshaft (mild performance) i work at an oreillys so the price is no prob but does anybody have any experience or can tell me if its worth the money???

and do i have to modify anything with a more radical cam????
yodaforce   +1y
I have an RV cam in my 22r. It has better low end torque and a little more power up to 4500rpm. The biggest thing was when I added the Weber 36DGEV. Then it really had a kick. Burnouts were no problem, quick downshift takeoffs, and on ramps were fun.
truck action   +1y
A cam is the heart of any engine!
Run what well work best for the type of use you plan for your truck! And if a smog inspection is required what will pass!
yodaforce   +1y
You can usually contact the cam manufacturer and get a custom grind cam. They will ask you alot about your truck; weught, gear ratio, tranny, tire size, driving expectations, etc... and they will cut a cam designed for your use. I used to do this with Erson all the time.
2thpic   +1y
2x on the rv/gas saver/torque cam
rynodragster   +1y
i ordered a cam from crane, its part #704-0014 rated for autocross and rally, it says good midrange and low end power, fair idle, blah, blah, i just wonder if it is going to give me the performance i want. im also ordering a header, already have a redline weber, is this going to be a good combo guys????

thanks for all yalls help,
Ryno
Page 1 of 1