threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Electrical \  Coil going bad? WTF? Help, please.

Coil going bad? WTF? Help, please.

Yota Electrical Yota Tech
views 828
replies 3
following 1

n2bnlow   +1y
So i removed my coil and relocated it closer to the engine. I drove my truck for around 30min, then went home. I let it run for around 20min in my garage. I was trying to see if there would be any coolant line leaks or anything. I took it back out and drove for around 10 more minutes, then it shut off. All electrical seems to be working, but no signal coming out of the coil. Then around 30 minutes later my buddy was testing the fuses in the kick panel, and found the the fuse marked engine was ground on both sides. He gave it 12v, and I started the truck. It ran fine on the way home. Around 5 minutes. Turned it off. Checked everything, Then took it out again. It ran good at first, then started to sputter. Has anyone had a coil go bad on them? Is this whats happening to me? Any other ideas. It ran fine for around 30 minutes.
n2bnlow   +1y
I let the truck cool down to cold. I start it up and it runs strong for about 3 minutes. Till warm again, then it starts to sputter until it eventually dies.
n2bnlow   +1y
Sliced wire making contact with metal. Runs strong now. Thanks for your views.
n2bnlow   +1y
I'm going to save you guys some headache. When re-locating the ignition coil in your engine compartment for removal of the inner fender wells, keep in mind that the coil its self is sensitive to radiant heat. It will cause the coil to get a sort of heat lock. This turned out to be the REAL problem. Keep 'em cool and dry.
Page 1 of 1