Yota Lowering \  2-link

2-link

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1229
replies 16
following 8

2thpic   +1y
Advantages-
2-links are very cheap to build. So with my budget, that's a good thing.
A very simple to design if you are running a 2 part drive shaft.
Depending on where to locate the bags you can get high lift.

Disadvantages-
Static from all of your friends......lol
Not really meant for performance or handling corners going 90+.
Not as good looking as 3 or 4 links
If built wrong and pivot points in the wrong spot then the pinion angle will get all gimped up.

(fixed)
Post was last edited on Nov 13, 2009 05:11. This post has been edited 3 times.
slammedxonair   +1y
just fyi it's pinion angle, pitman arm is on a steering linkage.
2thpic   +1y
lol, "I fail"
toylowta   +1y
its not a very good angle to but this is how my set up is an i can ride all the way down or up. pretty much i can ride it anywhere an i dont have a problem out of my angle

thread post photo
layedout72   +1y

These Chevy setups are not 2 links. The way they are built allow for flex, they are not dom tubing, not are they parallel to the frame. They also are on a truck that may see 7 inches of suspension travel through it's whole life. Maybe 4 if driven on the roads daily. Maybe.

Also, i've heard the whole nascar argument using 2 links and trac-bars. Those are the same deal, a nascar MIGHT travel a half inch at any time.

These two setups both don't have enough travel really mess with pinion angle, and if it does change, it's not in the same way our trucks hold position at bad angles.
2thpic   +1y

I guess us Arkansas guys just know how to work it and dont want the typ. cookie cutter set-up.

I've ran the set up many of times thru AutoCad and 3D Max. From the locations of the mount points the pinion angle related to the drive shaft does not change if you are using a 2 part drive shaft. I an see if you where using a single/solid drive shaft then the pinion angle would be a big problem.
toylowta   +1y
i have a one piece driveshaft. my angles are good thats cuz i cut the leaf perches off an put the angle i want then welded them back on but i had to cut them off cuz my link bars are on the inside of the frame rails