Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  2-link

2-link

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1228
replies 16
following 8

2thpic   +1y
Is any one here running a 2-link? I'm looking into running a 2-link on my truck. I don't think there will be any problems with the pit-men angle considering i have a double drive shaft. so i fig if i can put the pivot point close to the carrier bearing then it should be ok.
so I'm trying to find some pics and or some one that had done it before.
2thpic   +1y
This is kinda what i have in mind and with the pivot point that i have located this is what the rang will be.

Here is kinda what i have in my mind from top view.
toyota91   +1y

watch this
2thpic   +1y
yea i have seen that long time ago. His display is true for the most part.
As you know the pivot points is where the magic happens......
holcombe347   +1y
if your going to go through the trouble to put in a 2 link, just go the extra mile and put in a three or four link.
2thpic   +1y
Well i thought about that, but i want to keep it simple and low cost.
truck action   +1y
Cost is something on everyone's mind,but building a safe/reliable ride is the most important!!
There's way to many Mini Trucks that are unsafe & that reflects on the whole community !!
2thpic   +1y
That is so very true. I total agree with you on that.
True, there are some 2-link set-ups that people have done that are not correct and are way unsafe.
Same can be said for any link set-up.
I've looked at a lot of 2-link set-ups and 75% of them are hacked or not done right.
The late 70 model Chevy pick-ups had a 2-link that work great and had no problems.
There set up is for the most part what I'm basing my design after. I'm just adding a cross member behind the axle for a "just in case".
2thpic   +1y

nismorgan   +1y
I cant say i see the point in a 2 link setup, what are the advantages over a conventional 4 link?