Page 2 of 3
Yota Lowering \  New to site and felt like sharing my 93

New to site and felt like sharing my 93

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1743
replies 27
following 15

drupru22   +1y
Got some pics of what were changing to the front end. We plated the front with 1/4" flat stock and pounded it to the shape of the front end. It looks way cleaner now and it way more structurally sound. We were thinking about running RE8's in the front but will probably end up doing RE7's instead. We also make up some top brackets for the bags to mount too. Still need to cut them down some before welding them in. We also wanted to see what it would look like with a 24" rim next to it. Hummm.. Maybe, maybe not. Might be in the way of the windshield once tires are on it. I liked the way it looked though so I figured I'd share. The 18's that are on it now are the same height almost overall to the 24 with no tire. There's a pic below of the 2 next to each other.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
drupru22   +1y
Here's some more pics that we took today. We cut out a un-necessary piece that was on the bottom control arm and replated it with 1/4" steel for the bag to sit on. Just need to smooth out the welds and off to chroming they go.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
toyota91   +1y
nice lookin truck, you deffinately got a good starting point to make it your own
nismorgan   +1y
hey, i really like the RHD conversion, and was thinkin about doing it to my truck...whats involved, is it expensive?
sitnlow4life   +1y
24's will never fit without a hole in the hood
Im trying to do 22's with a stock hood and i think thats isnt gonna happen either
drupru22   +1y
I understand 24's will not fit. I wanted to see what it would look like with a 24 sitting up front on a bodydropped Yota that's all. The 18's barely fit as it is. Were going to try to stuff a 20 under there though. Its going to be very tight but I think we can get it done. If everything lines up and looks good still then we will make it happen. I don't believe I've seen a 89-94 Yo ta bodydropped past the pinch running anything bigger then a 19" rim. Hope to get the passenger side tied up this week. Gotta borrow my fathers RE-7 for mock up. I will post new pics this week.
toyota91   +1y
but but look how comfortable these 22's fit on this bd.........lolol
p.s. its still got a few inches before the body lays.

thread post photo
baha   +1y
Nice truck man! I love that shade of blue.
cnudrln   +1y

my last truck was true doored on 18s
drupru22   +1y
I believe you were doored on 18's. Our truck sits about 3/4" from door now. We still have about 3/4" in the fenders to cut out still if need be with the 18's so I can see how it will lay door on them. The 20's I want to run are 1.15" taller then the 18's on it now. With some things in the front being reworked I think we can get it done. As for stuffing that RE-7 up front. We decided to just run the RE-6's instead. We would have to rework the frame to get the RE-7 up there. So instead we will take 10" of lift with a RE-6. Making new brackets since the Slam bags are different hole locations then Contitechs.