Page 2 of 2
Yota Lowering \  What will i need to bag my truck

What will i need to bag my truck

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 966
replies 17
following 7

shaggy_tacoman   +1y
yea thanks im just thinking about what im going to do not sure what route im going
smctoy   +1y
Here is another site that has very useful info...
slammedxonair   +1y
Yea if you want it to lay flat its gona need be Z'd. I also sell all the parts you will need to bag your truck including the raised tranny crossmember and 2 different brand drop spindles. If your interested shoot me an email to
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
yea i looked at twisted minis before that have some good stuff. I talked to my buddy and he has a membership with FBI customs so i might get some of my parts from FBI too and ill hit u up slammedxonair on that
chopedmazda   +1y
this is how you do it. take your lower control arms off. look at the lower control arm mount and you will see about an inch in the center of the mount thats the same. its about 1/2 inch up from the bushing. clean the area pretty good to put 1" tape around the mount to act as a guide for you to cut. cut the 1" chunk out and reweld it back on. the crossmember can be remade with some 1" square tube and 3/4 tube as inserts for the bolts that bolt the lower control arm mount to the cross member.

i tried not making it sound confusing but i might have...lol

no you dont have to move the upper mount. i have tried it both ways and the way without moving the upper works better. without moving the upper arm you get a little more neg camber layed out about 1 degree. moving the upper makes for more work thats not worth it. the only thing thats going to stop you from laying out are the strut rods. the easy fix is a 3/4 spacer fitted between the lower control arm and the strut rod. the main thing on your alignment is to keep toe correct. your camber is always going to change. i align trucks at mid travel not ride height. mid travel puts the alignment right in the middle of the trucks high point and low point. with this setup and bag placement right with drop spindles you can lay 22's. from sadisticiron
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
thanks yota4life thats some great info ive just been back and forth with what to do because i have never bagged a truck before and everything i here frame being z'd i get alittle nervous thats y i have a buddy helping me do it so its not as bed.
chopedmazda   +1y
no problem man. i always thought you HAD to Z it but sadisticiron over on streetsource said that you dont have to and this is another method and he said its alot easier to if the front isnt bagged yet so so dont have to move your upper bag mount. he helped me out alot and this is the route im going to take just so i dont have to deal with raising the motor and this seems alot easier
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
tru