Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  What will i need to bag my truck

What will i need to bag my truck

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 962
replies 17
following 7

shaggy_tacoman   +1y
I have a 90 Yota 2wd Truck it is a single cab with manual transmission. Im going to be getting it bagged in the near future and i was wanting to know what i will need for it to lay frame on 17". I know some ppl have to have spindles to lay and some dont so if some one can help me out on what all i would need to lay frame on 17" rims
lowyota95   +1y
WELL YOUR GONNA NEED THE AIR SYSTEM, BAGS, COMPRESSORS, TANKS, VALVES, FITTINGS, AIR LINE, SWITCH BOX. AS FAR AS THE FRAME GOES YOUR GONNA NEED TO MAKE OR BUY A TRANNY CROSSMEMBER TO RAISE THAT UP, YOU ARE GONNA NEED SPINDELS, I USED THE AIM ONES ON MY TRUCK, AND WE HAVE USED THEM ON 3 OTHER BUILDS WITH NO PROBLEM. THERE ALOT CHEAPER THEN OTHER MAKES. YOU SHOULD "Z" THE FRAME IN THE FRONT, SOME PEOPLE DONT DO IT BUT IF YOU WANNA MAKE IT LAY HARD AS FUCK YOU NEED TO DO IT. AND OF COURSE YOUR GONNA NEED TO CUT A HOLE IN THE BED OR RAISE THE BED FLOOR AND YOUR GONNA HAVE TO CUT OUT THE INNER FENDERS AND RELOCATE SOME STUFF. ANYWAYS HOPE THIS WAS SOME HELP, IF YOU HAVEW ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK... GOOD LUCK..
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
Thanks man i knew some things that i was going to have to do but not to much because this is going to be my first bag build so i was just wanting to get all the info i can about what im going to have to do and what ill need but u have been a big help. thanks
chopedmazda   +1y
i was told from from a guy on streetsource that you dont have to Z tthe frame. but you can section the lower control arm mounting by an inch and build a new crossmember and thats all you need to do. and he did that and its on 20s and doesnt use drop spindles or anything
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
yea i some ppl tried to tell me that it had to be z'd but i dont know if anyone has heard of him but his name is Frank the Tank from Freaks of Nature South Florida Chapter and ive talked to him about his truck and he is laying frame with it be z'd. Ive heard the same thing your talking about to Yota4life that i can just change the that a bit and can lay without using drop spindles that the reason i asked this question because i have heard some many ways that it can be done so i was just wanting to know what yall have done or know of what has done and worked. Thanks everyone that helped me out if i get stuck on something ill post it up on here some where ill also hopefully soon going to post my truck on here here in the build section and will keep everyone up to date with the progress of the truck which will probly go really slow for a little bit
stll2hi   +1y
Bottom line, z it. It's not the hardest thing in the world to do. Your xmembers will hit before the frame lays flat. Just z it.
lowyota95   +1y
YA MAN YOU REALLY NEED TO JUST Z IT THE FIRST TIME, DO IT RIGHT ONCE AND SAVE KICKING YOURSELF IN THE ASS FOR SOMETHING ELSE....
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
got ya
chopedmazda   +1y
either way is correct and if you do it the way i mentioned the motor is not raised or anything so in all its alot easier to do and saves you alot more work. im not saying Zing it is wrong just alot more work
framescr8pintoy   +1y
You can use all stock front suspension, you will have to modify to tranny xmember, to make it completely lay in the front you'll need to z it, if not the engine crossmember will lay before the front of the frame will (at the firewall) but once you z then you either leave the engine where it sits and deal with hood or build dropped motor mounts, modify oilpan, steering cross linkage (depending on amount of drop)