Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Shock Lengths

Shock Lengths

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 767
replies 14
following 6

stll2hi   +1y
Anyone know where to get some shocks that are 10" compressed with 12-15" travel??
toyotrick   +1y
I am not a expert in the subject but I think offroad shocks are the only thing that will do that
Check out the shocks Aaron Iha has in the bed of his own personal titan.

stll2hi   +1y
I looked into those kind, problem is they all compress around 15" or so, way too high for my setup. The lift on them is great, but it's the compressed length where I run into issues. Thanks though!! I found some Cando that have about and 8" difference in compressed and decompressed length, so I think that'll be the direction I follow. I'll get some pics up tomorrow since my build thread is in desperate need of an updatin'....
baha   +1y
I'll try to dig for some pictures but another option you have, it worked really well on my ranger is through the suspension cycle make the shock rotate slightly so when it reaches full compression it turns and can expand out and allow the axle to continue to move upward in the notch.

Edit: I just read what I wrote, yeah I'll need to post some pics lol
baha   +1y
Are these for the front or rear?
slammedxonair   +1y
I sell Doetsch Nitro Slammers that are available in a bunch of different sizes. Send me an email to
layedout72   +1y
good luck finding a shock that has more travel than the size of it collapsed.
stll2hi   +1y
I know what you're talking about Baha, but don't sweat it, I got em mounted. How you're talking is how the ones on my 92 are mounted. Thanks though..

I'll check out the illusive site for future too, and thanks for the obvious bump, i'm pretty sure you know what I meant though...I'm obviously looking for the most travel out of a 10" collapsed shock...anyway...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Got the backhalf all fabbed, just waitin' on some airline and like two fittings from suicide and I'm in business!!
baha   +1y
Man that came out awesome! Nice work man I bet it rides really nice too
stll2hi   +1y
My fault, I meant to put this in my buildup. I can't wait to get it on the road, hopefully suicide comes through quick!! Thanks!