threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  fattest possible rear tire?

fattest possible rear tire?

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 942
replies 19
following 7

macdave06   +1y
is it possible to fit like a 10 inch tire under the rear of a toyota without it rubbing the frame? not too worried about the bedside or the wheel wells rubbing, I can always fix those issues.

it's not bagged, its 4 linked with coilovers. lowered roughly 4 inches in the rear.

thread post photo
baha   +1y
It is possible but it depends on your wheel also, if you can measure the distance between your current tire and frame I can help you figure it out.

Rob
macdave06   +1y
I'm probably gonna use an 8 inch wheel with a centered offset.

Next time I go work on the truck I'll measure from the stock tire to the frame.
yoguyda   +1y
Im running an 8" rim with a 235 tire i believe...Stock leaf springs with 3" block and i notice some minor rubbing on the frame. Most likely the rub marks are made when one side is compressed to a point of actual rubbing, but other than that it doesn't seem like you could push it too much further...Just my situation.
macdave06   +1y
the biggest I was told before was 8" in the front and 9" in the rear. I guess if I end up needing fatter tires I'm gonna have to narrow the frame and rear end.
baha   +1y
Are you okay with it sticking out of the side? I read that you aren't going to have static suspension
macdave06   +1y
if it was like skateboarded out like a honda with daytons thats not okay haha. I would like to be able to keep it under the wheel well but even if I have to do a small flare I don't really mind
v8_titan   +1y
well I dont know how wide this is but ive run 275 40 18s.. on my daytons.. I think the rims are like 8 inches wide.. I have pics of them on the truck with the bed off if you want me to email you the pics so you can see how far they sat away from the frame.. email me and ask for the pics
macdave06   +1y

that would be cool. what kinda offset is it though? with daytons I could imagine theyre probably set out pretty far.
lux15m   +1y

Surely the rim would have to be wider than 8". would have to at least a 9" rim as a 275 is over 10".

The widest i have managed to squeeze on so far was a 255 on a 16" skyline rim.