threads
Page 2 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Rear block situtation (EDIT** Pics with BLOCKS DONE!)

Rear block situtation (EDIT** Pics with BLOCKS DONE!)

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1336
replies 16
following 4

ghosthippo   +1y
Hey man, I've had my blocks sitting in the garage for about a month now, I ran into some of the same issues but came out with my U-bolts being too short, and haven't pulled it apart since (working nights is a bitch to find time to wrench) but everything else was cool, if you need help, just let me know.
oldsking   +1y

I'll get a pic here in a little bit for ya. I didnt think about that, perhaps it is missing something on the bottom! Yea I don't feel to safe just have the top slide into something and not the bottom.

haha yea I here ya on that ghost, luckily I had enough u bolt but the where a tad wide so I had to crimp em in
oldsking   +1y
Alright it's here!! Thanks smctoy you were helpful indeed. Much easier after I tllk off that damn plate!

Here's some before shots (with the wheels and no tints

(messed up fender)

Laid the blocks on, redid the fender and got tints! good weekend I think haha I still need to get my tires so I can put on all 4 that's next weeks project

smctoy   +1y
Np...glad to help & glad to see that you got it done!
ghosthippo   +1y
Nice man, I think I'm gonna break down and do mine on my next day off, was gonna wait until I take vacation and finish off my 4runner front end at the same time, but neh. Out of curiosity, how does it drive with the difference in tire/rim size?

oh yeah, and where did you get ur tint done?
oldsking   +1y
so was I! Wasn't that hard, just had to cut off the excess bolts so they wouldn't cause problems

Well with the wider tire and lower profile I noticed a difference but the bigger difference will be when I put them on the front with wider tires which I need to do next. 225-50-17's is my next step. I hope to notice a diff with a lower center of gravity which I will find out tomorrow
hawaiian   +1y
Just a suggestion....I would look into changing blocks later because cast aluminum blocks often get brittle and crack. cold rolled aluminum blocks with steel pins would be better or I like going to my local 4x4 store and buy iron blocks. I only use iron blocks after a bad experience with cast aluminum.