threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Rear block situtation (EDIT** Pics with BLOCKS DONE!)

Rear block situtation (EDIT** Pics with BLOCKS DONE!)

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1334
replies 16
following 4

oldsking   +1y
Hey guys, so I got these 3" blocks form my buddy off his chevy.. they are the cast aluminum ones.

I TRIED this out this afternoon so see how it would look and ran into a problem. I have never done these and had no reference to look at but I don't think these may work.

First, the nipple piece on the block, does that go into the rear end part or the leaf spring? I tried the leaf spring and that gave a flush fit there but on the leaf spring side there was a gap because it had something sticking up? Like another nipple insert I thought. I tried it both ways.

I think the side with the block and the nipple sitting on the leaf spring was better, but nothing keeps the rear but it is a flush fit.

Also the u blots it came with were a bit wide, I just muscled them together and they finally went into the bracket. Only did one side so i just took it off after.

Am I doing something wrong?

Oh yea, can I crank the front to look somewhat normal with 3" blocks out back until I get spindles? A pic would be cool if someone has one.
Post was last edited on Jun 09, 2008 01:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
smctoy   +1y
Ok...Ill try to help you out bro. All lowering blocks are/should be universal & the bottom of the block has a hole it in that fits over/on the bolt that runs through the leaf springs. The top of the block has a nipple the fits into the hole on the bottom of the axle-the leaf spring mounts. Here is a lame pic of my truck...its mono-leafed with 4-inch angled blocks. If this doesnt help then let me know & Ill try to talk you through it some more!
thread post photo
oldsking   +1y
See that's what I thought it should have been but the block that I have the bottom of it doesn't fit over the that hole on the leaf spring which I thought was weird. It does sit on top of it but I was worried about it shifting that way while driving? That would blow!

That pic really helped I was on the right path looks like.
smctoy   +1y
Glad to help bro...yea you want the rear to be tight so when you drive the axle doesnt shift!! If you need anymore help just ask.
oldsking   +1y
Hells yea man you've been helpful, I might just tackle it tomorrow again.

THat bolt that sticks out of the leaf springs, it's like a bracket that sits on them, can that come off so I can just have the block sit on the springs themselves? Or does that hold the springs together? I see on your truck since you mono leafed it your block sits on the spring by itself.

Oh yea I've seen pictures from when the guys lift the trucks with blocks and they shift! ouch!!
smctoy   +1y
Yes you can take that bracket off...Id do this if I were you. The truck should have 3 leaf springs. Unbolt the springs & take out the center leaf & just run the main & the overload spring-that's the short fat one. Then take your block & place it just like Ive dont in the pic. make sure that the u-bolts are tight & everything should be ok. oh & like I said earlier...make sure that
the hole in the bottom of the block sits on the bolt in the center of the leaf
springs & the nipple of the top of the block sits in the hole on bottom of the axle/leaf spring bracket.
oldsking   +1y
Sweet I might just be tackling this again tomorrow again haha It might look funky though since I can't get the front down still.
smctoy   +1y
The front is easy cause youve got torsion bars. All you need to do with that is lift the front-get the tires off the ground cause it will be easier trust me. Once you get the front up look under the truck near the tranny & youll see bars that run from the lower control arms. At the end of those bars youll see
a bracket/arm that has a bolt the runs through it. If you look youll see that
there are 2 nuts that keep the bolt tight. Youll need to remove one of the nuts so you can loosen the bolt & allow the front suspension to come down. Ill take a pic of that tomorrow for you if you need me too.
oldsking   +1y
Yea I was thinking I may just crank them to get my idea height for now, just a tad higher upfront is what I want.

smctoy, if I take that plat off with that bolt hole off and my block just sits flush on the springs you think that would work? Or just I get creative and weld something on it to fit in the bottom of the block? Like a bolt or something I was thinking
smctoy   +1y
I wish you could/would post a pic of the bottom of the blocks you are using so I could see if the hole that is suppose to keep the block in place is not broken. I had a block once break at the bottom & cause the rear to move. Im going to post a pic of a set of blocks that ive got just to make sure they are what you have. I want to make sure you get this done & it be safe!