Page 1 of 4
Yota Lowering \  Getting laid with twenties

Getting laid with twenties

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 2749
replies 35
following 7

slammedtoys   +1y
Can anyone break down to me what exactly i need to lay out on 20s? Ill tell you what i have now and you tell me what i am missing. 1994 toyota pu. Full front set up. I have two inch drop spindles. Am i going to need the arms? What do i need to relocate? What do i need to size down? I have a 20x7.5 with a 40mm offset. Thanks in advance. Any pics would be nice as well.
skip   +1y
I dont think you'll need new arms, you might have to pie cut the uppers but thats it. you'll need to relocate everything that is mounted on the inner fenders coil, fuse box etc... and you might have to move your clutch master cylinder ( if its a manual) because when i was just bagged on 225/40/18 i started to hit my master cylinder after a little dragging. and keep an eye on your brake booster, you might need to pick up a smaller one off an older toy
slammedtoys   +1y
yeah i got everything moved already except for the clutch and the master. Is it hard to replace the master cylinder? I guess i could knock that out one of these free weekends that i have. I am just trying to get everything prepped so when my buddy bags it he does not have to worry about a bunch of small things to do.
slammedtoys   +1y
is it the master cylinder drum that has to be replaced or the thing that sticks out from it?
kdcgrohl   +1y

this is a misconception that I see all the harmonic balancering time. some 94 model trucks had the very small booster. the year model has absolutely nothing to do with booster size. Atleast not in 93/94, which I can verify.
slammedtoys   +1y
i am going to assume you mean this
kdcgrohl   +1y
your picture is of a master cylinder. the big thing between that and the firewall is the booster.
slammedtoys   +1y
thanks!
skip   +1y

when i say older i mean like 70s or 80s toys. i have never seen the smaller booster on a 90s style truck stock. but i really havnt checked a bunch out
twisted minis   +1y

Yes some newer trucks did come with the 8" booster. Even some Tacomas did. But it was pretty rare. They are most commonly found on 73-83 Toyotas, and its about 50% on 84s. Those are the easiest years to find them on, and thats why we tell people this.