Page 3 of 3
Yota Lowering \  stock floor or traditional bd

stock floor or traditional bd

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 3734
replies 28
following 14

yotalac   +1y
who else has pics.....for what i have seen, it looks do able.....the only thing that i am worried about is the clearence on the streering, and the front....since it is not z-ed
m_i_zombie   +1y
Take your time and think through everything logically. the worst thing is rushing and not doing a proper job. It's taken me 6mos. to repair a botched drop job on a friends s10. '92 s10 bagged and 20's with 6 1/2in. BD.

Never, ever under any circimstances do you ever substitute JB Weld for actual welds. This dime had been BD 6 1/2. the only thing that held it together had been the jb weld and the carpet adhesive. I could have made the floor cuts better with a utility knife. The real clinker had been the whopping 4 spot welds ( that didn't pentrate) on the entire cab and the fact that the cab moved forward 3inches from the floor.

Twisted is off to a good start. I may not be a professional at this but i'm certainly not cherry to it either.
twisted minis   +1y
Definitely plan out cuts. And make sure no brake lines, fuel lines, or other important stuff is in the way of your cutting utensil.
m_i_zombie   +1y
And if your truck is a manual, think about the pedals and how much room you need. you may have to shorten the pedals (clutch & brake) and shorten the rod for the slave cylinder. all depends on how much and how you drop it.
johnny5   +1y
very goog point m_i_zombie
dmlynlow   +1y
true that
yotalac   +1y
sweet....i just wish i could find some one with a BD yota so i can see what they had to do in person.....and what i should be expecting.....any one in the TX area...with a BD yota THAT RUNNS....and is done right...
dmlynlow   +1y
brian, you should have looked at mine at turkey drag
yotalac   +1y
yeah, true.......but i want to see one that has a engine in it so i can see what need to be cut and re-arranged for the dropp