Page 1 of 3
Yota Lowering \  stock floor or traditional bd

stock floor or traditional bd

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 3720
replies 28
following 14

uselesstoy   +1y
My time is running out before the snow starts falling and i start cutting my truck up for a bd. i want to do a stock floor because i am tall. the only problem is i never see anyone stockfloor a p/u. Im just not sure about it because i figured the frame can only be about 2 inches tall below the cab to make it lay rockers and i am questioning the room for exhaust and strength of that.
johnny5   +1y
just build a new frame man thats what most people do
uselesstoy   +1y
i was hoping that, because everyone at shows i talk to always traditionals a toyota. so im pretty set on building a firewall back frame and taking care of the whole Zing problem with that too.
johnny5   +1y
sweet man keep us updated
forbiddenyota   +1y
yeah i am planning on doing a custom frame from firewall back on my yota also, deff keep us informed on everything
skip   +1y
ya, take pics.
bagged2dragg   +1y
I'm body dropping it to the door. I planning on doing a 3in stock floor with a 2in traditional. Move the engine down a little and do a small as possible cowl hood...

I think the biggest stockfloor b/d I have seen was a 3.5... but I dont know what size frame rail he used.. Hope that helped any..

Jeff Robinson
Mini Madness
calislowest   +1y
dude you can stockfloor them to the doors. no1lowr's is stockfloored to the door using 3x3. im an inch and a half into the door and ive got around 1.5 inches of traditional.
flyinlo   +1y
So your truck is bodydropped so much that you cut part of your door off at the bottom just to get a little lower?
2lowtoy   +1y
I did mine traditional. 3" i'm 5'11" and it's a tight fit in there, but i like it. lol