Page 1 of 2
Yota Adjustable Suspension \  Laying it out

Laying it out

Yota Adjustable Suspension Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 979
replies 10
following 6

sparage   +1y
Alright here's the deal. Started working on the yota last week. Leveled everything with the wheels off then z'd the frame 1.5". Crossmember and frame lay flat. Flipped the bottom and top balljoints, then I throw my 18's with 225/40/18 tires on and it seems like the top balljoint is binding because the crossmember is a little over an inch from laying. Is this whats going on? How should I remedy the problem? Pie cut the top arm or spindles? If the top arm is unbolted it lays on down with crazy camber so... Throw me some suggestions.
layedout72   +1y
spindles!!! it will correct camber a bit and also lay you out.
baha   +1y
You already raised the transmission cross member right? I would pick up some 2" drop spindles. With the drop spindles mine just about lays with a 245/40/R18 tire which is about 26" tall.
baha   +1y
LOL Bump beat me to it
sparage   +1y
Yeah forgot to add the transmission crossmember is gone for now until i get a motor/trans in and build one. Looks like spindles it is. Is the top balljoint binding common on these trucks?
baha   +1y
Yeah, mine does it to man.
loasfkyota   +1y
Yeah, someone suggested to me when trailering it, not to lay it out because all the yotas ball joints do that. Seems to me there would be a solution somewhere, but then again what do i know lol.
layedout72   +1y
solution would be to pie cut the upper, it would reangle the balljoint to a less sever angle.
truck action   +1y
Just buy CanDo Arms,& be done already!
layedout72   +1y
thats my plan as my stock arms dont even clear my bag plate.