Page 2 of 2
Yota Exterior \  spray in bedliner removal

spray in bedliner removal

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1295
replies 17
following 6

xtotalanarcoix   +1y
haha thats rough man, but i would stay away from fire or anything else that hot, the warpage it would cause would be an even bigger pita down the road
collins94   +1y
i wasnt goin to do that anyways i thought about using paint stripper how do you think that would work i know it works great with everything else
baha   +1y
I think it would work, you could always just buy one of those small bottles and try it on a small area. You might have to put some scratches on the top so the stripper can work itself underneath the bedliner. Get the aircraft paint stripper the biodegradable stripper can barely take off clear coat
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
that aircraft stripper is pretty gnarly stuff, i would give it a try, worst case scenario you have a spare can of stripper. I always find something to take the paint off when i have some laying around hahahaha.....my poor tool box.
collins94   +1y
iv seen that aircraft stripper warp a panel before its rough man iv also got it on my chest stripping a truck a work it burnt me through 2 tee shirts
cajuntaco   +1y
Here's a few methods.

1.-Scrape it, works good for Line-X
2.-Sand it, you've experienced this suckage
3.-Dry Ice- I've used this for other coatings but put dry ice on it and let it sit a few minutes then push it to another area and hit the cold area with a hammer. On other rubberized coatings it shatters it. The intense cold causes the adhesion to reduce and the coating to shrink putting tension in the piece.
4.-Heat it and scrape it. This won't get it all off and will suck pretty bad too, but will get most of it. Just use a torch to heat it, don't melt it or catch it on fire, scrape it with metal blade.
collins94   +1y
thanks man sounds like you have done a couple of these before

i tried scraping it but it doesnt want to its like rubber almost
nc dragger   +1y
collins 94 , hey bro hit me up ! the club deal is going forward (xtreme lowz of TN) I will also be at layed out at the park if you want to give me a shout. and how is the truck coming along ?