Page 2 of 3
Yota Exterior \  E-bay HID's.....

E-bay HID's.....

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1605
replies 20
following 4

yoguyda   +1y

The stock H4's do, but when you switch to HID's you need to get bixenon...
phatboislim   +1y
yea i thought the same thing u did...i thoguht they woulda already made the h4's w/ hi/low..but them idiots didnt. i just bought some bixenons
oldsking   +1y
I hear ya, now I think they all come with low's and they say it's damn bright as it is so you don't need highs.. Is that the case with ours? Are the low beams just bright enough?

Oh yeah, are special ballasts needed for bi xenon or can you use the ones that come with the kits and just by the bulbs later on?
phatboislim   +1y
i just bought a set of bulbs..ill let u know if a special ballast is needed or not..it seems as though its plug and play though...*shrugs shoulders*

mine are bright..but i'm afraid of long back roads lol
oldsking   +1y
lol roger that home slice.. I looked on ebay real quick and noticed almost another 40 bucks for bi xenon light kits.. I'll do some research at work (rather then work lol) today if you find anything out just let us know.
yoguyda   +1y
For a "True Projector" retrofit, Do you have to use a donor projector, or does somebody sell an aftermarket projector?

Seems like its pretty well known, and people on e-bay are asking 100+ just for one donor projector.... Is there a cheaper way?

Anybody...?
phatboislim   +1y
they sell aftermarket projectors..but to get the real projector feel/use..its better to retrofit...aftermarket projectors are ass

i was gona retrofit the ones on my max w/ some tsx projectors..but said eff it lol

btw my bulbs should be in today
oldsking   +1y
retrofit is the shit I hear but yeah it's ALOT of work and if not done right it's a waist and a very expensive one haha

I've seen some of these aftermarket projector lenses and they don't look all that bad, the line isn't perfect but it still emits a good HID light that isn't to blinding lol
I just got my lenses in today, look cool, next step, HID
phatboislim   +1y
yea theres a guy my friend put me onto that was gona do mine for like $300 labor...i provide all the parts..its expensive to have done..but at least itll be done right
yoguyda   +1y
It doesnt LOOK too hard...But not a slap together project. I would think our square lights would be easier than the Scion lights i watched some guy make on youtube the other day...He went the whole 9yards tho, made em look PRO.

Are you talking about the fake wannabe projector lights they sell on e-bay(just for looks), or actual aftermarket projectors that you could retrofit into a housing??

Post pics once you get your lights up and running.