threads
Page 1 of 3
Yota Exterior \  New wheels and problem (now with 20's!)

New wheels and problem (now with 20's!)

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 2355
replies 28
following 11

oldsking   +1y
SO i scored some 17x7's and they are a 42mm offset (got them pretty cheap so I didn't mind the offset to much)

I have yet to mount tires but I I just test fitted a rim to make sure it fit, good lug size, BUT there seems to be really no thread to bolt them on Has anybody run into such a problem, possible solutions?
Post was last edited on Sep 04, 2008 03:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
smctoy   +1y
Ok...I too have had that problem & its a common thing with fwd rims or rims with a large offset. You can do a few things...you can find a machine shop & see if they will bore out the rear of the rim so that it will slide futher onto the hub. Another solution is to get wheel spacers off Ebay. Ive done both & I will say that the wheel spacers work the best & it was great advice from another member on here that made me aware of them. Here is a link to them on Ebay...
vegasyota94   +1y
bore it out dude..
oldsking   +1y
Those ones form ebay or even the ones you have, how long are the stubs themselves? Would 1" be long enough? I figure all these hubs adapters are about the same so.

I only tried one wheel and it was on the driver side front and that's where I noticed the problem.
smctoy   +1y
Yep...those are the ones Ive got on the front of my truck. The rear didnt need them & the 1-inch is the width of the spacer itself. That should be enough cause its what Ive got & so does kdcgrohl-another member on here as well.
oldsking   +1y
Are you guys running some FWD rims?

I have a guy who has some around here, they are 1.25" but the new stud itself looked small to me (kinda like the ebay ones) and he said they are about an 1" or so long, that what you guys are running?

I'd just hate to spend more money, today just has just not been my day with people not being able to mount my tires and then this with not having enough thread to bolt them on, just a rough day haha
kdcgrohl   +1y
I'm running fwd wheels right now. Lexus. Required adapters up front and some axle+grinder love in the back.
smctoy   +1y
The rims Im running on my truck are fwd
oldsking   +1y
let me see if home slice comes through with these adapter/spacers and I can have my wheels on finally!

Here are the wheels,

Just got some "used" 215/45/17's to wrap around them
hydroyota   +1y
nice rims. i am running fwd rims to the only problem i have is when i turn full thay rub the brake caliber a little