Page 1 of 3
Toyota Pickup Projects \  my 83 pickup

my 83 pickup

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 3185
replies 21
following 8

mazdaonfire   +1y
whats up, new to the forum so i thot ide post up some pics of my 83 yota. its bagged obviously, slam re-7s in the front(had to cut a lot of crap out to get those in) and slam re-8s in the back. the frame holes have been welded up from the cab back, frame has been shortened 7.5 inches, antenna hole and mirrors have been shaved, its got chopper mirrors on it now. im puttin an 81 front end on it tomorrow(hopefully, if i dont have to work), not sure if i wanna run bedless or not, i was goin to which is why i shaved the bed mounts but now im sure what i wanna do anyways, enjoy the pics....

when i got it
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

still go back and cap everything
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
sleepyspeed   +1y
looks like you have a good start going so far, and bagged with 7's up front nice! Bedless is cool for a while till your driving to a show and it starts to rain hard, and then your rear tires are throwing even more rain back on the windshield. or depending on your local laws getting pulled over constantly about lack of tire covering.

Anyway nice start man, this site has kinda turned into a ghost town, but with a few more builds maybe we can breath some life in it again.
mazdaonfire   +1y
if i stay bedless, then im gonna mount some trailor fender over the tires, they will be mounted to the axle so they stay over the tire no matter what height im at and they move with the tire. yeah this forum doesnt look to active, but i like gettin on forums and seeing what other people are building
sleepyspeed   +1y
that would work well, keep us updated!
baha   +1y
nice project man welcome to the site!
mazdaonfire   +1y
well, i got my front end today, as well as a few engine parts, gonna be shipping my control arms off to bio kustumz to have some tubular upper made..anyways heres a few pics to enjoy...

the old 83 front end
thread post photo

the new but even older 81 front end, dont worry about that gap, the hood wasnt closed all the way
thread post photo

also got some chrome side vents
thread post photo
smctoy   +1y
sic project!
vegasyota94   +1y
nice man.. its looking good. keep the pic coming. lets get this ghost town back to life.
mazdaonfire   +1y
thanks for the comps guys
mazdaonfire   +1y
so progress has been a little bit slow. im out of money right now cause i havnt worked all week so hopefully i work a lot next week and i can get some money but anyways, i have done a few things. got the front passenger side bagged, still got to go back and cap the frame on both sides. also put my air gauge in, just need to get a black faced gauge to put in there instead and i relocated my air tank. ive decided to put a bed back on it because when my daughter is born in october, i want to be able to haul her and my gf around which is why ive put the bench seat back in. im gonna make a cargo area in the rear part of the bed and the airtank would take up room. so anyways heres a few pics....also got my why-wear sticker in

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

gona add some more strength to it, i ran out of round bar so..
thread post photo