Page 1 of 3
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Tacoma with HYDROHOLICS.NET

Tacoma with HYDROHOLICS.NET

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 3974
replies 25
following 9

tre5   +1y
So I have done a build thread on my old Mazda on MazdaBScene, a customers mighty max on MightyD50Scene, so I might as well start another one on YotaScene....right?

Anyway, I am now building a tacoma for another customer. The truck came to me a "little" haggard, but had 22's on it, so at least one good start. The plans are a 2 pump hydraulic setup, an IRS out of a RX7, shortened wheel base to use the 4 door bedsides, a 2 1/2" stock floor body drop using new 2X3 rails, and some extras.

Here is how I got the truck...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
tre5   +1y
after one days work I had the cab stripped of all its wires and the nasty back half of the frame cut off.
thread post photo

thread post photo
tre5   +1y
The second day I removed the cab from the frame and started to lay out the new suspension. The rear end is now squared up and welded in place on my "frame table".
thread post photo

thread post photo

And just for fun, a mock up of what the rear end will look like.
thread post photo
toyota91   +1y
sweet....looks like you on a good pace, keep them pics comin!!!
tre5   +1y
DAY 3...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
tre5   +1y
Day 5. Got the rear frame on after my 3rd attempt.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
draginrunner   +1y
Looks pretty good. I've always wanted to do a IRS. You do some good work, keep the pics come for sure.
tre5   +1y
I haven't had a whole lot of time on it in the last couple days, but here is what I have done as of now.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The pivots for the rear arms are not done yet. The cylinder will be mounted off that tube.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
off to a great start, I will be keeping my eyes on this build!