Page 1 of 7
Toyota Pickup Projects \  84 LONG BED REG. CAB PORJECT

84 LONG BED REG. CAB PORJECT

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 4929
replies 60
following 6

2thpic   +1y
OK, guys i'm fixen to go get this and start on making it my daily and weekend toy.
://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc24/ratrod_s10/011609_180200.
as fare as i know it needs some work on the fuel system and a new windshield. the inside is in wonderful shape and the motor looks clean and no rigging in the wires has been done as fare as i can see. no rust and the body for the most part is dent free other than 1 or 2 little indents that could be popped out.
i don't know if i'm going to keep the stock color or not. same with the stock rims. i do know that it will be 2 to 3 inches off the ground when i get done with it within the first week.
2thpic   +1y
so if any of yall have a 84 give or take a year long bed that is done up let me see, so i can get an idea(s).
2thpic   +1y
double post...............................
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
they're all over the place. just look for them. if you decide to get rid of this, i need a longbed, so let me know. ?GL on the project!
2thpic   +1y
cool looking truck. kinda sim. of what i'm leaning to.
maybe primer gray with plum crazy purple pin striping.
2thpic   +1y
WOW, i just found out it is a 1986 not a 1984.
is there a difference in motors and carbs?
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
no. still the same body, motor, carb, etc.
2thpic   +1y
well Friday i picked it up and towed it to the shop. before hand i checked all fluids and put some fresh gas in it. primed the carb and after 2 cranks it started up. didn't run long but it did start. BIG + So i believe it is mostly a fuel problem but i still took it to the shop and told them the same and have FUN!!!! so hopefully by tues or wed i'll be driving it with no worries. any other time i would haul it home and do all the work myself but right now i got to much on my plate as is. LOL as soon as we pushed it into the shop the mech. asked how much i paid and if i wanted my money back for it. LOL fool, i don't think so!!

here are the most recent pics.......................
BEFORE
://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n133/2THPIC/012209_173700.
AFTER
://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n133/2THPIC/012309_120301.jpg
2thpic   +1y
ok, i'm looking for some air system stuff. Basically every thing except for bags and lines.
tank, comp., valves, switches, ect.
so if any of you are upgrading or got some stuff laying around that you want to sale for a good price hit me up
layedout72   +1y
thats a super clean truck you have there and that bench seat is gorgeous! i want it haha. i just bought some buckets for mine as theres no way for me to use a bench anymore. I bet your fuel issue is just a rusted out tank and bad fuel filter. thats all mine was. I bought a weber though, just because I wanted it more than a stock carb.