threads
Page 2 of 3
Toyota Pickup Projects \  pics of 84-88 poppers???

pics of 84-88 poppers???

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 2040
replies 20
following 4

layedout72   +1y
also looks as though our doors are a bit different. my track i want to say comes down a bit more, and i also have a mounting bracket that comes down to that hole just above the body line....could be wrong about the track though.
truck action   +1y
The solenoid is mounted right into the flat area before the curve! I welded the nuts to the bracket for ease of installing & used stainless button heads.
My doors are from a same year 4 Runner,but should be the same ,except one piece glass( no vent), & power mirrors,locks & windows!
The solenoids do sit @ a little angle to get the holes on to the flat of the metal.
layedout72   +1y
Can you PLEASE repost these???
truck action   +1y
Here's the cable set up
thread post photo
truck action   +1y
thread post photo

You can get two screws into the lower corner,weld 1/4x20 nuts onto the soleniod bracket,wrap it with a wet rag @ use air to not over heat!
truck action   +1y
Here is a photo of the new set up ( at the other side),as the doors are now suicided
You can see the screw to the out side of the door rubber,the other to behind it.
Now added a safety latch also because of the suicide doors.
thread post photo

Hope this is of some help
layedout72   +1y
i wish i could put mine at the front of the door like that, it has a lot more room. when you were not suicide doors, it was at the back of the door, correct? By the latch, but below it at the bottom of the door? I know earlier you said something about the front side of the door.
truck action   +1y
In both positions,it is ,was ,not near the latch! It is @ the lower corner of the door in both installations!
It will fit!!!
Do the lay out work,plan it out!Look @ the areas! If you have to remove inner door skin ,do it ,then replace it!
granth   +1y
found a good spot i do believe hope to test it tomorrow.

truck action   +1y
Looks like your trying to put it on the hinge side (front of door) ,it should go on the side that opens, in a straight line pulling down the stock latch. You can remove one of the pins on the latch arm that the rod attaches to & loop the cable through it,then slide the cable tie on remove all to set the cable ties,reinstall & check movement!!