threads
Page 1 of 3
Toyota Pickup Projects \  pics of 84-88 poppers???

pics of 84-88 poppers???

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 2036
replies 20
following 4

layedout72   +1y
Does anyone have pics of how they installed poppers on these years? I will be doing mine at the end of the month and would like to know what i'm doing before I dig in.
truck action   +1y

Cable set up on my 88
truck action   +1y

mounted to lower forward area of door,welded nuts to the solenoid bracket for ease of mounting & use stainless button head screws
truck action   +1y
The 2nd solenoids are the stock 4-runner door lock units,that I have sense removed!
layedout72   +1y
thanks a lot. so it's basically just craimping that steel cable around each piece and placing it where the poppr is extended and the cable has a tiny bit of slack?
truck action   +1y
Yeah,try to mount the solenoid so the the plunder won't bind ,make sure the ground is good or the solenoid will get real hot & fail! Also you can see were the cable attaches to the latch, that is part of the stock latch with a piece cut off!
Install all ,position the cable & mark with a marker,than remove & set the cable crimps on the work bench,reinstall & test(leave a window down)!!!
Extra cable & crimps can be found @ a OSH, or Ace hardware
kris@thehoffmangroup   +1y
Let me know if you need help picking the right kit for your truck. We give forum discounts too
layedout72   +1y
I have my parts already, a 7 channel spal kit.
truck action   +1y
Same kit I have, in use for 5 years now ,no problems!!
layedout72   +1y
how in the world did you position it to fit both bolts into the door jamb portion of the door? anyway I look at it one bolt is all i can fit. I was looking at mounting it below the door panel and then when I build door panels it would be built to cover that portion as well.

can u get a picture of outside the door, where you actually have the bolts? ill be looking tonite and maybe installing in the morning...