threads
Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  opinions on how I should mount my 4-link......

opinions on how I should mount my 4-link......

Isuzu Make Specific
views 231
replies 0
following 1

sundown   +1y
I have a question for you all, and before we get into it, I just want to say that I have pretty well rationalized the pros and cons regarding the question I'm going to ask......

I have an 84 pup longbed and I ordered Jason's levered 4-link. I ordered the uppers a measured amount longer so I could triangulate them.

My question is this; I was planning on running this link setup "correctly" meaning fabing up a crossmember un front of the rear diff and running the links back. However I was thinking recently about the posibility of mounting the links backward, meaning the crossmember for the links would be behind the rear axle. Now I know that by doing this I cause the axle to rotate on a arc that goes against most suspension design fundamentals....so save me that argument. This thinking only came about because mounting the links backward would allow me to keep the stock gas tank and create more room on the drivers side framerail for the air tank. But my concern is the ride, which will be largely based on the bag location on the lower arm I know but will the revered link make it ride diffrent?

If I mount the 4 link the normal way, I will need to get creative with my crossmember as the long azz driveshaft will need to pass through it (I'll need some ideas if you have em). I also dont have access to a tube bender, so I'd have to get creative with the crossmember design using 2x3 box. I'd also have to get a fuel cell (not a problem though) and get creative on the air tank location (I'd like to keep it under the bed).

Any opinions on which way I should mount this thing, the easy or the hard way..LOL??
Page 1 of 1