Back Seat or No back seat...That is the question

Audio/Video Q & A
views 391
replies 0
following 1

V8S15Jimmy   +1y
Edited: 12/1/2003 12:04:59 PM by V8S15Jimmy

Hello Everybody,

I'm an old stereo guru (thirteen years) with a problem. I have a 1988 S15 Jimmy bagged Show truck and can't decide to take out my rear seats for subs or cut them in half and build a box in my cargo area.

I have eight kicker xpl twelves that I wanted to install in a half wall where the rear seat would be. I also have four kicker amps.The only problem is that is I would lose my rear seat to carry stuff for shows and possible rear passengers.I also would have to compete in USACi modified power class.
If I left my seat in place I could use four twelves and two kicker amps, and be able to compete in USACi stock because my enclosure will stay in the rear area.I would be able to use my newly upholstered tweed rear seat also. I feel like four twelves will hit hard enough for my listening taste while cruising and showing off my truck.

Basically my Jimmy would be more usable with the rear seat, but would hit a lot harder without it. I bought the Jimmy over a truck just for the fact of the rear seat originally.what to do , what to do?

I can still keep my air tank in the truck either way, the box in the rear will be built over it.I don't want to lose my rear view to a full wall.

Any input or comments would be great.....
Page 1 of 1