threads
Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Proper Design of A 4-Link?

Proper Design of A 4-Link?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 628
replies 0
following 1

silicone   +1y
Hey Guys,

I've been reading majorly about 4-link design, the angles involved, leverage, and etc. I think i've found the four-link i would prefer to use on my future project. But, I have a few questions for those with four-links and bags on the links.

1. I plan on taking the upper bars, and making them adjustable, so that i can adjust the pinion angle...my method, taking a nut and welding it in straight in the round tubing, and then putting a automotive grade 8 bolt welded onto the heim joint, or "super pivot" ball. Will this work as a daily driver?

2. Lift concerns, po-po are ferocious around here and I need to have a good amount of lift to keep them off my trail. I understand that if i can maximize the lift by putting the back closer to the cab on the bars, but how shakey will the ride quality be with the bags so far from the axle? Also, is there a set balance where I can get legal heigth (14 in.) from bed frame rail to pavement. That is the virginia limit...

3. Another question about ride quality, does it make a difference if the bags are mounted on the upper bars, vs. the lower bars, but i was thinking if i make the uppers adjustable, that will tweak the way the bag sits, correct? so the lower bars should be the mount points right?

4. Should i keep the 4-link level with each other, parallel you could say, or should i do parallel lower bars, and angled uppers with a set degree for maximum leverage and ride stability?

Thankx,Chris "Peanut Butter" Ford
Page 1 of 1