Page 4 of 4
Max Projects \  Ill_Mits build thread 4G63t swap

Ill_Mits build thread 4G63t swap

Max Projects
views 10883
replies 36
following 8

droppedmitsu   +1y
It bolts right up as the 4g63t is the same block as the g63b 2.0 motor that comes in 87-89 trucks
slow50   +1y
the dash came out good did you fiberglass it?
droppedmitsu   +1y
Thank you it was a TON of work, much more than I even expected. No fiberglass, just a lot of sanding to knock the texture down, then high build primer, then lots more sanding lol.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Swapped out my gas tank for a 91 f.i. Mighty Max tank. I did this for two reasons; one to get rid of the loud, annoying external fuel pump mounted under my cab, and two to move the tank behind the axle for when I'm ready to 4-link/bag it and also get a little more weight on the rear end. Not only that but my truck is idleing smoother and it seems to be running a lil bit better, probably because it was running a bit rich from the 255lph fuel pump.
thread post photo

New rear crossmember welded in and middle crossmember about to be cut out to make room for the tank.

thread post photo

New gas tanks mounted welded in and gas tank and new braided line installed.

thread post photo

New filler location in driver's rear corner.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Haven't worked on my truck in a while. Here's what I've been working on lately though, a big brake kit for our trucks. I'm going to be using 3000gt VR4 4 piston calipers and 12.5" rotors. I've almost got it finished, I have my test bracket made and it all lines up pretty good, just need to make my final version for both sides. I'm planning on making a setup for stock 6-lug too as my buddy plans to keep his truck 6 lug and wants a kit. If you have any questions or want to work on a set let me know

thread post photo
droppedmitsu   +1y
Been a while since I updated my thread. Still working on the brake upgrade, pass side is pretty much done, drivers side will require a bracket with a little different shape and I haven't even messed with it.

I have been working on bagging my truck and have the front about 75% done, waiting on a few parts for it and some powder coat and it will be finished up. I still need to buy all the parts for the back of my truck to bag it but I'll worry about that soon enough. Here's a pic with the front almost ://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/mxracer728/Screenshot_2013-12-30-18-25-43-1_zpsjw3esh51.png

Also working on a wire tuck and major harness clean up/redo. The engine harness will be ran inside behind the firewall and come out on the lower drivers side firewall and run to the engine/acc. You will be able to see it but hopefully not a whole lot of it, we shall see. The chassis harness on the drivers side will come out of the cab behind the fender/in front of door and run behind the fender along the inner fender well and then to all there respective places. Battery is being relocated to the back under the bed, on the side of the frame rail.
This was barely just the start of unlooming the engine harness, its a mess now lol
thread post photo
droppedmitsu   +1y
Been a while since an update, finally got something worth showing. Passenger side is pretty much all done in terms of welding, smoothing, and painting. Also finished up getting the vr4 calipers and 12.5" rotors mounted. I powder coated the calipers a high temp metallic bronze, I think it looks pretty sweet.Still need to install the vr4 master cylinder and make the lines to the calipers.

thread post photo

Fills the voids left by the 18s real well.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Tucking just a little bit of rim
thread post photo