Page 2 of 4
Max Projects \  Ill_Mits build thread 4G63t swap

Ill_Mits build thread 4G63t swap

Max Projects
views 10884
replies 36
following 8

droppedmitsu   +1y
Yea this is the same motor that i had in my single cab. My 2.6 blew head/headgasket so I had to do something quick. I wanted to put this in this truck anyways and it was the best option

Renegade: they are 18x8 +45 offset. They tuck with ease
dale   +1y
you got it Goin on mitsu wuz it hard to change the lug pattern
droppedmitsu   +1y
Front was super simple: Totoya pickup 89-95 hubs, new 95-01 Tacoma drilled rotors, all new toyota bearings and seal. Slides right onto the spindle, toyota hubs even use the exact same outer wheel bearing, but the inner wheel bearing is different as it has a bigger o.d., but same size inner diameter. Shim the brake caliper with a thin washer on each mounting bolt, cant remember exact size but not too hard to figure out. I didnt have to do that but I wanted the caliper exactly centered on the rotor, it was a hair off without.
For the rear pull out axles, not too hard just a bunch of stuff to take off to get them off, then take everything off to get them to just the axles themselves. Had to make a plate to use as a puller to separate brake backing plate/bearing from axles. Then send them off to get redrilled(I'd suggest a place like Mosier who specializes in axles and wont take FOREVER to get your stuff done like the guy who did mine did) and when you get them back put it all back together.
dale   +1y
sweet I like them wheels better then my cattys
payrion   +1y
what about the large hub on the rear axles? did they turn those down or did you space them? or was the rim bore large enough?
grayarea50   +1y
Ur ride sounds sweet. What size r those Tacoma rotors? I need bigger rotors up front I have an 88 ram 50, I just pulled some 87 Toyota hubs bc of the 5 lug, which makes wheels much easier to find. I'm running a full street scraper with drop spindles and full air bag suspension. What I have done is put a 97 camaro rear axle w disc brakes in the rear, this will give me 11-12" rotor, depending on what I want to run. I am using this bc I put in a 2.6l station engine, completely street/ strip prepped with about 20-30 pounds of boost. Interior completely customized, w billet steering column. Will get pics on soon. About 85% complete.
droppedmitsu   +1y
The rings on the axles are turned down when they are redrilled.

grayarea: they are the same size as Mighty max rotors. The starion motor sound sweet, would like to do one of those if I could ever find one.
grayarea50   +1y
The place in California that is doing my motor has the station blocks for $500. The last engine I got was from a salvage yard n fla. I'm assuming the hubs from the 89+ was off of a normal Toyota pickup truck? I just pulled hubs from a 87 Toyota pick up and the inner and outer bearings are the same. I looked up the Tacoma at a parts store and it showed 10"or 11"rotors, thats why I was asking rotor size. I was hoping to find 12" rotors somewhere so I can use this 12" rear kit. Need rotor size to stop this 500 horse bullet. Lol. Any other research on rotor size that u know of?

Thx
droppedmitsu   +1y
Yea, they were just off a normal 89+ 2wd pickup. I didn't want to worry about going bigger right now just getting to 5-lug. the brakes stopped decently enough, so not sure on larger rotors or any of that yet
droppedmitsu   +1y
Its running and almost driving, should be driving it tomorrow. I still need to reattach my exhaust under the bed and install my driveshaft. I also need to figure out what is causing me to still have a small idle surge, other then that its good to go. Still needs some cleaning up and permanent mounting of some stuff but she's basically done for now.
thread post photo

thread post photo