Page 5 of 7
Max Projects \  1990 Mighty Max project, HYDROHOLICS.NET

1990 Mighty Max project, HYDROHOLICS.NET

Max Projects
views 11525
replies 62
following 12

tre5   +1y

They are 20X7.5" Velocity wheels with 225/30R30 Falken tires.
tre5   +1y
front bumper is on...
thread post photo

thread post photo
slow50   +1y
trucks looking good. what did you do about getting rid of that brake valve thing on the rear? i noticed theres 2 lines going to the front and the bleeder valve is on that thing.
tre5   +1y
I redid every brake line on the truck. The valve is gone.
slow50   +1y
thats what i want to do. well not every line but just the rear brake line. so you just run one line from the master cylinder to the rear end then tee it to each wheel cylinder? do you know what size steel brake lines these trucks use? i think im gona have to invest in a bender and flaring tool.
qballd50   +1y
Lookin Really Sweet Man!!!!
tre5   +1y
You can buy 3/16" 10mm line from the parts store. They sell lengths of it up to 5' with the fittings already on them and flared line, and they also sell union fittings. So I went right into the master cylinder with the line from autozone, then a union under the cab, then I cut and flared it. I used a 37 degree (JIC) flare. I used a #3 JIC bulk head fitting to go to the soft line. Then a #3 hose to the rear end where I threaded a #3 JIC to 3/16" pipe thread into the stock brake line tee. I will eventually be doing rear discs on the truck, so I will run new brake lines across the axle then.
slow50   +1y
i thought the stock brake flares were 45 degrees?
tre5   +1y
The stock lines are a double flare. That is why I used the stock fitting going into the master cylinder. I made the rest of them myself, so I could make them how I like. Which is 37 degree JIC.
tre5   +1y
Yesterdays progress. I have to get it road worthy by Friday so it can go to the exhaust shop, then over to Andy's house on Saturday to begin body work.
thread post photo

thread post photo