Page 1 of 1
Max Interior \  factory radio removal

factory radio removal

Max Interior Max Tech
views 3197
replies 4
following 3

mightymaxmsd2   +1y
Ok so I would like to know how to remove the factory radio. I feel like a child having to ask but im starting to think im going to have to pull the dash. If there is an easier less time consuming way please let me know. As heat has done a number to my dash as it is.
alan   +1y
You will need to remove the 4 allen head screws holding the radio bezel in place. You will have to open the glove compartment to reach one of them. Pull off the 4 control knobs for the heat and air system. Starting at the bottom,use a gasket scraper or thin blade screwdriver to slide in between the bezel and dash to pry it loose. There is 4 raised areas on the bezel that hold it in place. Hope this helps.
mightymaxmsd2   +1y
Can't seem to find the Allen head screws for the life of me. I can already pull almost the entire bottom half of the bezel off. Guess I need to keep looking. Thanks for the input.
droppedmitsu   +1y
There are two screws under the top main piece where the heater controls are, then there is one screw under each of the vents, so 4 total. Then it will still feel like it is bolted in at the top because you need to stick a small flathead screw driver or piece of metal between the top of both vents and the dash and gently pry/pop those two spots out as there is kinda like little clip/hook that holds them up there.
alan   +1y
My bad. I meant phillips head screws.
Page 1 of 1