Page 1 of 1
Max Interior \  DASH OUT

DASH OUT

Max Interior Max Tech
views 1316
replies 5
following 3

808gunner   +1y
just got started working on my truck got the bed off yesterday everything went smooth. today was a little more FRUSTRATING took some time for me to take the dash out but got it done also carpet, headliner,and steering wheel got taken out to. so now im kinda stuck i want to gut the truck out completely then have the cab taken off the frame. the thing is this is my first time working on a car im trying to teach myself i have the repair manual which is helpful up to a certain point but after that your kinda on your own.now my ? is there's some wires that was under the carpet and some wires hangin from when i took the dash out if i disconnect or for some reason end up damaging any of those wires how hard is it to rewire my truck and if so is there a place that i can get all new wires to replace the old ones with.or should i just rip out all the wires and just re wire the whole truck.
droppedmitsu   +1y
If nothing is wrong wiring wise don't even worry about messing with it. There should be disconnect points so you can pull the cab off the frame with most of the wiring in the cab
808gunner   +1y
the thing to is here were i live it rains alot and when it does the driver and passenger side of my truck leaks by were u put your feet so when i got the dash out i was looking behind some of the what i guess is the ac vents and there seems to be some rust which i was thinking thats were the water was coming from.so being that i gotta have that rust taken care of and then have dynamat installed all behind there when my truck is thru painting i was just thinking i should rewire my whole truck being that it is over 20 years old .what do u think i should or is it just to much of a hasel being that i haven't had any electrical problems YET!
droppedmitsu   +1y
Rewiring a truck is a pretty big ordeal, I would really not mess with it if you are having no problems, worry about fixing the holes and such and just leave it is my opinion.
slow50   +1y
i would leave it too as long as its still all good. but if your truck is carburated and you got a weber it really wouldnt be hard to rewire the whole thing especailly if you get one of those kits like painless or something like that. but i personally like wireing so it might be hard if you dont.
808gunner   +1y
yah my truck is a carburator and after looking at my wires even though nothing was wrong electrical wise i think im going to change them because i dont plan on taking my truck apart again and who knows how long it will be until some thing goes wrong with my electrical.and after watching some videos on wiring using those kits from painless,ez wiring,hotrod wires,it seems like all u need is time and patience and that i do have.thanks for the info guys and ill be posting pics of my build soon.
Page 1 of 1