Page 1 of 1
Max Interior \  TAKING OUT MY DASH

TAKING OUT MY DASH

Max Interior Max Tech
views 1512
replies 4
following 3

808gunner   +1y
anybody know or have a step by step way to properly take out my entire dash.Want to have the dash painted as well as the entire inside of the cab never took out my dash before just was wondering how hard it is and if i have to start removing it a certain way and if i need any particular tools to do so.i have a 89 ram 50 and its a single cab.
droppedmitsu   +1y
3 bolts up top along windshield, two under speaker covers one in the middle. one screw on each side of the dash where the doors open. bunch of random screws along the bottom of the dash. Take out gauge cluster. unplug the harness connections under dash, unbolt fuse panel from dash. unclip the a.c./heater/vent lines from the heater core and blower box. And thats basically it there might be a few more things but its not too hard once you start doing it.
808gunner   +1y
thanks again man really helpful info ill put some pics when i get started on my truck from paint to interior to lowering it hopefully sooner than later.
slow50   +1y
when i did mine i remember there was something that was a pain in the ass that i couldnt find that was holding it in but i dont remember exactly what it was something to do with the heater stuff.
droppedmitsu   +1y
yea the 3 cable lines that I mentioned that actuate the vents, hot/cold air, and fresh or recirc.
Page 1 of 1