Page 1 of 2
Max Interior \  cut back of cab for subs

cut back of cab for subs

Max Interior Max Tech
views 3327
replies 11
following 5

nate10   +1y
is it better to cut the whole cab out or just ports to connect to the bed?
droppedmitsu   +1y
I think its better to do neither personally. That creates tons of road noise, weakens the cab, and is pointless. You can get plenty of bass with properly built boxes and GOOD subs. But its your truck more power to you
dazednconfuzed   +1y
you only cut the bottom of the cab and bed. youll want to use accordian boot for camper shells and then youll want to fiberglass the outside of the box and rhino line it.

heres a link to another forum where you can find out anything that you will need know to build a bangin system.

to see a 30,000watt escalade check out meade916 on youtube.

these little trucks dont really have enough airspace in the cab alone to use spl subs. unless you are just looking for sound quality.

once i find a nice fiberglass topper that will fit i plan on cutting away the back wall and back window to join the bed, topper and cab together.
but it will be awhile before i can do it properly due to lack of money.
dazednconfuzed   +1y
dont forget you will need a bigger alternator to handle the power draw.
nate10   +1y
it seems pretty easy to put a bigger altnator in these. i was thinking about getting i high amp 1 out of a bigger truck or rv maybe. i have lots of steel plate an i thot about sealing the front of my bed from the front of the fenders forward an acssing the space thro the cab. an i thot about welding the cab to the bed an just make the frame stronger from there on so there is no extra sound comething thro. any ideas on that?
dazednconfuzed   +1y
youd be better off asking some of the guys on . i found all of my info from there. they would be the ones to ask. sorry i cant help ya more.
slow50   +1y
my buddie has a cut out and theres no more road noise then before. theres a thick rubber gasket type thing inbetween the cab and bed. i personaly woudnt do it though.
hott sauce   +1y
Mine is also cut out. To make my seal i cut 2-26'' mountin bike inner tubes in half and split down the middle. Placed on inside of cab with duct tape. On the outside i filled the gap between cab & bed with expanding foam. smoothed it out before it dried. Instand homade seal for less than $25. As for the sound deadening i went to home depot and bought peel & seal. Same as the high doller sound deadener. jus a lil thinner. Electrical upgrades include Big 3 with 0 guage wire 75 amp alt and gonna add 2-4 battery's in the bed. Text me 919-333-5508 if interested in pictures. system should be up and running by the end of the month. 2-12's,2-2300 watt amps
dazednconfuzed   +1y
if your gonna go hard dont go cheap. use the accordian boot. make a metal gasket to go over the edges of acordian boot. put some rtv sealant on the side of the metal gasket then pop rivet it to the inside of the cab. then do the same on the inside of the bed. if your going to spend alot of money on stereo equipment you dont wanna cheap out on the seal or your equipment could get ruined by the elements of weather. but hey its your truck do what you want. just my motto is if you are going to do it, do it right the first time.
dazednconfuzed   +1y
also put the rtv sealant on the side the accordian boot that touches the inside of the cab and the part that touches the inside the bed. do youre research. you dont just wanna slap something like this together. otherwise you will wind up having to redo. ask any pro.