dash speaker covers

Max Interior Max Tech
views 1873
replies 5
following 5

payrion   +1y
how do they come out?
slow50   +1y
if i remember right you just pry them out theres metal clips. but i think on the drivers side you gota take off the cluster bezel.
d3v1ns d50   +1y
Yeah, they just pop off but on the drivers side you have to take two screws loose from the instrument cover on the dash. Incase your wondering the front speakers are 5 1/4"
dagonicc   +1y
5 1/4" in the dash? What truck to you have? My '88 Max & my ''95 Max each only fit 4" speakers in the dash.
ksutom   +1y
FINALLY, I can offer up some advice! I just retrofitted my dash for some generic 100w 3 way 5 1/4 speakers that I bought at Wally World for $25. After removing the speaker covers and cute little stock speaker, carefully take a coping saw blade and cut away some of the plastic right under where you slide the front part of the speaker covers into the dash before "popping" the clips back in to secure the speaker covers. If you hook up the wires and carefully slide the speakers into the part that you just cut out they will sit beautifully and tightly right into the dash. When you pop the speaker covers back on, it will be clean and seamless.
dagonicc   +1y
Cool. I'm trying to find ways to add sound without cutting into the doors on my '95. They were already in the doors on my '88 so I just upgraded those.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1