Page 1 of 1
Max Interior \  3 Way sub/amp help...

3 Way sub/amp help...

Max Interior Max Tech
views 1337
replies 6
following 4

sparkey_sti   +1y
I decided i need a stereo for my truck... its killing me. So i want to get a three way so i have the two front, and just a small sub... but dont know where to start really. Ideas?
bagged51d50   +1y
i would go with a kicker comp vr there cheap and pound hard u have to get the vr the regular kicker comps suck, are u gonna put door speakers in or just relace the stock dash speakers
sparkey_sti   +1y
I've replaced the dash one's with JBL's; and no door speakers... its a mudder/crawler that im eventually going to throw half doors on ^_^ Im just going insane with nothing, but am not sure if im going to throw my pioneer deck back in; or just connect an ipod to a amp and go with that... Simple is smart when your off the road lol. Cause if i throw the deck in; its got 4x 50W's, so then i'd just get a mono amp/sub.

So now when im looking at these amps; i seen one that was like 130 RMS... i know you dont want your sub over OR under driven... and im not to to technical on RMS vs whatever else watts there are... so any help for making sure my system will last would be great. Not looking for SPL, but SQL.
bagged51d50   +1y
well from what i understand rms is basically the wattage that the amp runs on steady its the only thing i look at when buyin a amp the peak power doesnt mean anything, but yea if its gonna be off road truck i would keep it simple man
scotty d   +1y
I will recomend the same type of custom stereo setup for you as I have in my 1990 Mighty Max. You can't go wrong with a Rockford Fosgate Punch P-400-4 4channel amp. Not too expensive but, perfect for a 3 way speaker system you're looking to install in your rig. I suggest get a good set of 6.5" components(mid woofer/tweeters)for your doors which might require slight cutting/rounding out of the factory door openings in the low front corners of the doors with a saws all nothing major and go with a pair, yes pair of decent 10's that will work in a 2and a half cubic foot internal volume sealed box without a divider. I have a JVC cd player with MP3 player input on a detachable faceplate that comes with a wireless remote(under Buy+super clean sound) in my dash A Rockford Fosgate P-400-4 amp powering 2 10 inch Rockford Fosgate Series 1's in a polyfill stuffed 2 and a half cubic foot sealed custom made enclosuer that has the amp mounted right to the front of the box with 10's behind the bench seat. MB Quart 6.5" components in the doors with the tweeters mounted to the bottom front corners of the door pannels next to the mid woofer. The crossovers for them are mounted inside each kick pannel. I bridged the rear 2 channels of the amp to 1 mono driving the 2 10''s wired in series 8ohm. While the front channels are stereo to the MB Quarts. Built in crossovers are set @ 80hz. The input gains are all the way down and the eq's are between quater and half way. I also mounted a 1 farad Rockford Fosgate capacitor to driver's side of box. I ran 4 gauge power wire from battery and my system sounds impressively loud/hard+clean with whatever I listen to. To anchor my box I used L-brackets screwed to top of box and back wall of cab. You can use custom fabric from Wal~Mart like I did with black with blue flames to match my blue interior and to give it a finished off custom look.My type of system would be ideal for you since it can be bought on a budget, installed painlessly at home and is secured or won't bounce around while off roadin' and have an MP3 player runnin' through it for when the cd skips and sound great while on or off the road .
Scotty D
scotty d   +1y
The speakers will work fine in your doors while off roadin' if you put waterproof foam baffles on the backs of the woofers which can be purchased from crutchfield.com I'm sure your doors are closed while 4 wheelin'.
toyo   +1y
hey i would push out a clean Interfire with the 4'' it takes in the dash and a 8'' sub.
Page 1 of 1