Page 2 of 2
Ranger Projects \  Not a Ranger but has same wheel bolt pattern Rebuild

Not a Ranger but has same wheel bolt pattern Rebuild

Ranger Projects
views 1723
replies 12
following 5

baha   +1y
Do you remember how much you have to Z it? I already have some dropped motor mounts.
baha   +1y
I'm moving as slow as a snail, but I ran out of welding gas today and decided to take some pictures.

The top part of the Z is done minus finishing the welds on the inside of the frame. You can see the front crossmember in one of the pics. I have to put that back on, and the bag mounts then I can flip the frame over and finish the rest.

Pie cut, and formed transmission crossmember to raise it 1.5". I wanted the frame to have a factory type appearence.

You can't see in the pic but here is measuring from the body mount outward. I would have to look at it again to tell you an exact measurement but from the pic you can see you have about 4" from the body mount to where the firewall is. Remember this body has a cut floor for a traditional body drop.

You don't have to follow the way I did mine, but I measured 9" from the body mount as my cut. I did this so I would have room to raise it up and clear the firewall, and make the angle of my Z less severe to make it appear more factory.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions I'll try to get more pics.

Another view of pie cut, and formed transmission crossmember.

Penetration Inside View

Hopefully more next weekend, weather permitting.
22below   +1y