Page 1 of 2
Ranger Projects \  Not a Ranger but has same wheel bolt pattern Rebuild

Not a Ranger but has same wheel bolt pattern Rebuild

Ranger Projects
views 1715
replies 12
following 5

baha   +1y
Hope you like lots of pics! I guess I'm being an attention whore having my truck on two sites but oh well RangerScene is my home

So I probably won't have anything to interesting to show you for a couple months once I have the new frame finished but here is where I am right now.

Just a little background, I never thought I would actually own this truck. I bought it from my friend Johnny in January 08, and am now starting a complete rebuild.

Here are some pics from the past.

Here is a pic of Johnny and I racing back in 2003 I want to say. Yes Toyotas and Rangers are slow My Ranger ran a 17.2 and beat the Toyota by about a car Length oh well.

These are from back in 2004 after I finished bagging the truck for Johnny.

Front

Side It bottomed out on the inner fenders at the time but eventually it would bottom out on the bags before laying frame.

Rear Shot You can see my Ranger in the background

In 2006-2007 Johnny decided he wanted a body drop and wanted to do it by himself. A body drop is alot of work to do especially if you havn't done alot of welding and fabrication before. He got part of the way through the cab before he sold it to me.

*Now Closer to the Present These are some shots how I picked it up from Johnny in January 08

On Trailer

Sitting at his house

Post was last edited on Oct 26, 2008 05:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
Alright here is my starting point. Truck at my house

Front after I sold the grille, lights, bumper etc to Vegas

Side

Bed you can see where he cut the notch and lowered it to get more lift for the body drop.

I'm glad he never cut the bed or got that far into the body drop, it will be easier on me.

Interior, I'll take more once I remove the carpet and cut out the floor.

Engine

First task is to take everything apart and sell what I'm not going to use. I'm going to be swapping in a 1uz Lexus 4.0L v8 so the first thing to go is the motor.

Alot of parts were disconnected or half way put back together so it made things easier

I'm sure I'm going to need help from you guys when everything is put back together!

I noticed that the inner fenders were cut up pretty good and not connected to the core support so I went ahead and took off the fenders and cut the rest and removed the core support to get the engine out. I'm glad Toyota Fenders have more bolt holes on the cab then a Ranger!

Yada yada Engine is out.

Here is what I found when i took everything out. Half way finished Z. Doesn't look good but was strong enough to allow me to jack the truck up by the front crossmember.

More to come I'm sure
baha   +1y
Nothing really major to update, I hope to have the cab & bed pulled this weekend to start getting some frame measurements.

Cleaned Firewall - need any parts? pm me

And my frame table waiting on me to hurry up and start the new frame

the twanksta   +1y
Cant wait to see more progress on this!
baha   +1y
Small Update: The more I take it apart the more I hate it. I'm pretty sure everything is square on the cab but after I pulled the cab of the frame I guess it broke his welds on the passenger side floor so the body moves up and down over the floor if you touch it on the right side. I really thought he finished more than this!!! ...

Oh well

Frame ready for rebuild (side project)

Note: Pulling a cab is possible by yourself but not fun

Finally finished my adjustable body cart...I'll make it look pretty later

There she is in the corner, one more body cart to build for the bed woot
the twanksta   +1y
Sweet! Get to work!
22below   +1y
Wow, good luck on all the future work. Nice truck
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
good luck on the build...
baha   +1y
Thanks guys I know what you're thinking but it's starting to look better.

The front is cleaned up and ready for new brackets!

Frame on Table

I love being able to work on that table, I'm so glad I built that first.

And these pictures are for reference if anyone is wanting to see what it takes to lay frame.

Here you can see Transmission crossmember will keep the truck up about 1.5" from the ground.

The angle of the picture is misleading but it is 1.5"

I've been told I'll have to Z the front also but I'll see how much once I get to that point, with the table I can make sure it's flat.

slammedxonair   +1y
yea we had to Z my buddys yota. once you get that tranny Xmember out of the way and level the frame out you will see it holds the front end up. Also its pretty easy to lower the motors on those trucks to keep the stock hood with a body drop.