Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  convert 93-97 to look like 98-00

convert 93-97 to look like 98-00

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 3115
replies 13
following 5

dougy_fresh   +1y
ok, this is probably a stupid idea, but i am going to look at a pair of 93-97's tomorrow for $1200 (for the pair) and was wondering how hard it is to convert them to look like a 98-00?

on the front end, can you just open up the opening on the fender a little to accept the 98-00 corners or would you need the 98-00 fenders?

what all would be needed to do the front end?

next question....

on the cab, i know they added some length to the cab in 98, but it's all behind the doors, right? so could you go to a junkyard and get the rear section of a 98+ cab and graft it onto the 93-97? i know i would have to shorten the bed the same amount as was added to the cab....but has it ever been done?

i like the look of 98-00's, but for the price, i think it would be cheaper to get these, part one out, and then buy all the stuff to make the other look like a 98-00....

sorry for so many questions....
dougy_fresh   +1y
wow, i just looked up the wheelbases and theres a 3.7" difference in the wheelbase....did they actually ass THAT much to the cabs?

taking 4" out of the bed might make it look a little goofy.....
bodydropped85   +1y
get the hood/core support/inner fenders(metal and plastic)/fenders/front bumper/headlights/headerpanel/grill (basically a whole front clip) and put itll go right on teh 93-97s. y extend the cab? its only the standard cabs that are a lil bit longer...there isnt a need for it.
scrp1day   +1y
^ he strikes again!
dougy_fresh   +1y

not a need for it? you cant fit a decent system in a std cab 93-97 without bucket seats and a center sub box....my friend has a 99 and his box for 2 10's is the absolute smallest requirements fosgate recommended for his subs (P1's)....thats behind the seat, and he lost i think 2 notcheson the adjustment
bodydropped85   +1y
ooooo were talkin exteneded cabs. yea ive ben through the system deals. you could do buckets and put em in the middle maybe?
dougy_fresh   +1y
i really don't want to put buckets in it.....
jetmodifydranger   +1y
Or you can just build a frame from the cab back and not take anything away from the bed just extend it out a few inches to make up for the added inches on the cab. Still seems like a lot of work just to put some subs in a truck though. My 2 pennies anyway. When are you supposed to be gettin these 2 trucks?? I may be interested in one of them or some parts man. Good luck with it, Later
dougy_fresh   +1y
am going to go look at them in the morning....
dougy_fresh   +1y
o, forgot to say, backhalfing it is not an option...the truck will not be bagged, just a daily driver....wheels, 2/3 drop, system, and some shaving.....