Page 1 of 3
Ranger Exterior \  where to get shaved door kit

where to get shaved door kit

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 3543
replies 22
following 9

tiger   +1y
What kit are others out there using, where did you get it, and how much did it cost? Also, what are you doing about a manual back-up? I'm am definatly running a manual back-up, I've had a dead battery more then once...

Hopefully I'll get a new battey to replace my dying one this weekend, so now I'll be able to shave my doors without fear of my being locked out. I don't need it to be all fancy or anything, just a remote to open the doors, shoot, even a remote is optional, still tossing the idea of using an external button...
jackedup99   +1y
i have one in my garage
baha   +1y
I'm running an auto loc, works great as long as you have the solenoids mounted horizontal, they don't have a rubber boot like the SPAL ones do so if they are mounted vertical moisture will get in them and cause them to seize after awhile. Don't buy the emergency back up button its a waste of money, poorly made. For manual back up I have a pull cable, similar to a bicycle brake cable hidden.
tiffany   +1y
Auto Loc and SPAL are the top brands and rouhly $100 on ebay. thanks for that tip Baha.. i'll have to take a gander at my solenoids to see if they have that boot! Wonder if/where you can getone to fit, maybe homo depot?

Also with a manual back up, I saw on "Plane Jane" if youpush down the lock pin on the door by the window it popped the door open so i thought tha was pretty cool for a realease from the inside! and a manual cable is a good idea hidden sumwhere.

~CJ(at tiff's work)
bodydropped85   +1y
definatly spal.
baha   +1y
getting spal would deffinitely save you alot of head aches I wish thats what I would have done but I only remounted my solenoids 2 times . If you have power door locks there is a boot on them already that you could probably get to fit your solenoids. Are you familiar with bicycle brakes? it's basically the same principle, you need cable stops if the cable isn't a straight shot

another thing is don't forget to include a fuse, I followed the wiring directions on the Auto Loc solenoids and no where did it say anything about running an extra fuse bla bla anyway one day my solenoid seized in the on position and started to get really hot, luckily I didn't have the door panel mounted all the way so I could cut the wire just good reassurance, don't want to get any door pocket fires
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
I've installed both SPAL's and Autloc's. I didn't find one easier then the other to install. But now seeing as I carry a full line of Autoloc, Keep it Clean wiring, Zirgo, Stellar
and Protocol. I am quite partical to Autoloc

I should have autoloc, keep it clean, zirgo and stellar products listed sometime soon. If you need something before hand let me know.
tiger   +1y
What lbs do I need?

On the '66 I installed a hood release for a Honda as my manual back up (well, that the only way of entry), so I'll probably just go the same route, but it's a lil' ugly, may not see if I can't find a better looking set-up.

So......I'm left where I started, debating over AutoLoc or SPAL, lol.

Thanks though, hopefully I'll be smooth as a que before long.
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
Either 35lb or 50lb.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
I know someone who you can swap doors with, that already has handles shaved and power windows.