Page 2 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Red and white tail lights

Red and white tail lights

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 3218
replies 17
following 8

daweezi   +1y
yea youll be fine if it has 3 holes, i had some clear 98-00 tails with 3 holes and they worked fine until my bro backed into me and broke em haha
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
I have a set of 00 tails that i modified(cut out 3rd hole) to fit the 3rd bulb in. It was easy to do with a rotozip or you coul use a dremel. Mine arn't just red w/ the white bottom anymore cuz i candied and cleared them to make them all red, but they work and never gave me any problems with the hole i had cut for the 3rd bulb
the twanksta   +1y
CJ why did you have to grind down the lamp to fit the bulb in? Just wondering cuz my dumb ass did the same thing on mine, then eventually realized that I had to switch the bulbs around instead of keeping them the same way as my stock tails...btw i got 00 altezzas. So I just switched the bulbs and they fit right in now grinding at all.
daweezi   +1y
yea i didnt have to grind anything down on my 98-00 clear tails either, just had to switch the order of 2 bulbs
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
2000 is the yr ford changed the STOCK taillights to a 2 bulb setup. If you look on the back of the 00 tails they only have 2 holes for bulbs, so with my 96 being a 3 bulb setup i had to either get the wiring harness from the 00+ or cut a hole in the 00 taillight to fit the 3rd bulb in. does that clear anything up?
the twanksta   +1y
I must have got mine before the switched over or something, cuz mine are same as daweezis and had 3 holes. Pretty sure they were 98-00 lamps though.
scrp1day   +1y
yeah mine are a two bulb and i have a set of altezzas with threee holes and i cant figure out what year they are for but i just put tape over the third hole i use the top red and the white but taped the middle red hole.
blackranger93   +1y
Just use some Transparent red hobby paint that what I did to mine looked jus like those new ones.....