Page 1 of 3
Ranger Exterior \  solenoids

solenoids

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 4362
replies 25
following 10

scrp1day   +1y
does the lb of solenoids matter a whole lot cuz im gonna be using them everyday about 6 times a day at least on the driver side.
spngr311   +1y
I put in like 45 lb solenoids (I can't remember exactly) because my truck is a daily driver. I don't remember the brand though, I just know they aren't autoloc and they have a rubber top.
tiger   +1y
I"ve ehard guys using as low as 30 lbs on a daily and not having troubles. Modern door latches are much easier to operate then the old latches and don't need a enormously powerful solenoid, but I'd still use at least 50 lbs. I'm probably gonna go with a 75 lbs kit when I do mine. I'd also highly suggest an all mechanical back-up. Godfather I think sells a kit for $20...nice insurance against broken windows.
scrp1day   +1y
sweet the mechanical back up is not something i heard of so that helps
baha   +1y
You don't need any higher then 35 lol, If you decide to go with autoloc make sure you mount them horizontally, if they get water in them they will seize up after awhile, only took 2 months for mine to seize. Spal makes the ones with the rubber boots you should get those.

they also sell the emergency back up pull cable, its alot better kit then auto loc, I had to use mine a few times
bodydropped85   +1y
the spal kit owns i have it on my truck. 35lb solieniods.
dirty   +1y
im just using door lock actuators
works good for me
scrp1day   +1y
where do you find spal at like what site can find that at. and waht is spal like a company?
bodydropped85   +1y
yea spal is a company i think. i got mine from
scrp1day   +1y
so spal is better than autoloc ive heard a lot of bad things about autoloc but i figured it was just because theyre a big company and people tend to hate on the big corps.