Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Rear brakes locked up

Rear brakes locked up

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 762
replies 5
following 1

crazycornuts   +1y
I have a 92 b2200. Went to leave for work this morning and all was well then bam. It felt jammed up and stalled out. I started it back up and the wheels were trying to move they just wouldn't. Even when pulled by another truck the tires just don't move. Yes I'm in neutral and the E brake us off. The front wheels spin fine. I left it there to go to work and just trying to figure out the problem before I get home
Cusser   +1y
1. Open up the rear bleed screw (on driver side wheel cylinder), see if that helps temporarily.

2. Did you just replace the brake master cylinder or any brake components? If so, maybe there's not enough free play at the pushrod/booster pushrod.

3. I can't imagine rust affecting things as you drove, maybe a rear spring inside the drum broke.
crazycornuts   +1y
No recent brake work at all done. I opened the bleeder valve and it just drips like normal. And I'm home now and taking the driver side drum off and it seems like one of the screw openings to pull it off is stripped and it seems like i can't get it off with out it
Cusser   +1y
Drill that bad 8 x 1.25mm thread out, and re-tap to next largest size. You could next go to 3/8 inch, or further up to 10mm.
crazycornuts   +1y
And if I don't have the means to drill put and tap it? Don't exactly have a full garage to use at the moment
crazycornuts   +1y
I'm at the point where is I can just get a ghetto fix to make it not stuck for the moment just so i can drive back and forth to work ill do it. I'll survive without that one brake engaging
Page 1 of 1