Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  1990 B2200 Fuel Pump Replacement

1990 B2200 Fuel Pump Replacement

General Discussion
views 1716
replies 4
following 2

banjopicker   +1y
Suggestions? Gonna try new pump. Can I install an inline electric fuel pump if the in tank pump no longer functions . Do I have to remove the tank pump first? FYI, I have pressure gauge and regulator installed so can adjust fuel pressure under hood.
Post was last edited on Oct 04, 2015 07:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
It is possible that you have a clogged fuel sock, did you already take a look inside the tank or confirm fuel flows from the tank with out any issues?
banjopicker   +1y
When I did the weber and pace setter conversion, I installed a new tank, pump (sock) and sending unit. That was a tough job, especially at my age. When I did the install I moved the fuel filter under the hood with a pressure valve and gauge. the fuel filter never shows more than about a tsp of gas in it. The truck starts fine but will quickly die and I have to wait a while and eventually it will restart...same story. I wanted to install an electric pump where the fuel filter used to be.
banjopicker   +1y
I plugged all the other lines to the tank except the filler, vent and flow to carb. Could that cause a problem? Suggestions?
geterdun   +1y
Have you checked the fuel pressure before the filter? Yes, you can put a fuel pump between the filter and carb, but do you have fuel flow out of the line at the filter? If not then the problem probably is the pump in the tank. Adding a pump after the filter will work and beats pulling the tank again!
Page 1 of 1