Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  won't run without choke closed

won't run without choke closed

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 579
replies 3
following 3

kimballs   +1y
I did a weber swap not to long ago, after a will it started miss firing. Took to mechanic and they replaced the float(so they said). And I drove it home no problem but as soon as I pop the hood I see that the charcoal can vacuum hose is disconnected then I plug it in and the car stalls. So I figure it's running really rich if it can such in that much air. So I adjust the float not that it needed it. I replaced the adapter plates and made my own gaskets out of rubber fiber gasket material used black gasket maker. Plugged my hose back in now my truck starts with the choke closed but as soon as it closes the car stalls unless you have the gas pressed down. So now I leave my choke unplugged until I can figure this out. I've search for vacuum leaks with gum out vacuum leaks. I can't find any.
Cusser   +1y
Choke should be fully open (vertical) within like 10 minutes of driving. I set my Weber then, with engine fully warmed up, then when engine cools the choke will be closed (mostly horizontal).
400to40k   +1y
You're pulling too much air for the fuel consumption, either delete the extra stuff or find the intake leak. Or turn up the fuel level if its turned all the way down.
geterdun   +1y
Have you adjusted the idle mixture jet? Only other thing will be a vacumn leak.
Page 1 of 1