Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  Holley 5200 Carb install

Holley 5200 Carb install

General Discussion
views 4410
replies 7
following 3

Twoscoops   +1y
Has anyone on here installed a Holley 5200 carburetor in there Mazda B2200. I am trying to figure out the throttle linkage, and how to make it work. Pictures would be nice as well. I am new to this site so be gentle.
Post was last edited on Sep 13, 2015 02:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
rdsmith89   +1y
Message Sent.
federal20   +1y
I am also about to get one and any info on the best one to get cause I read there are 3 dif types of the 5200 and the throttle linkage as well
rdsmith89   +1y
I can't tell which is best, maybe someone with more expertise can mazdatrucking.com has a real good article on the subject. If you get a "Ford" version, the linkage will on the front (radiator) side instead of the firewall side, so you may need a longer accel cable. The early ones ('74, '75) will be simpler, some of the later ones start including feedback controls. You can ditch the water choke housing and element and get an electric choke to wire to alternator connector. The real advantage to the 5200 over the 'real' webers is that should the need arise, you can order a rebuilt one from virtually anywhere
Twoscoops   +1y
I have the holley 5200 R-6505 model. This seems like a really nice carb and it came of of a mustang II. You can put the linkage toward the firewall, but you have to figure out how to adapt the accel cable. I am working on an adapter bracket on solidworks. After I get it finish I could post pictures and dimensions on how to make it.
Post was last edited on Sep 29, 2015 02:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
rdsmith89   +1y
Mine is exactly the same, but linkage is towards the front. You can go either way, but with linkage to the front it seems a little simpler, and the idle, mixture, and choke adjustments are reachable without going over the engine.
rdsmith89   +1y
OK. Sorry mine is R6995, I think it's the same. Does yours look like this?
post photo
post photo
Twoscoops   +1y
From what I can tell the holley 5200 is a copy of the weber 32/36 DFV model. I purchased a throttle linkage that bolt right up, and it looks like it belongs their just what I was after.
Page 1 of 1