Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  carburetor leaking

carburetor leaking

General Discussion
views 1560
replies 2
following 2

kimballs   +1y
I bought the redline 32/36 weber a month ago and installed it, I let it sit for 3 days and I am getting ready to go to work and it wont idle it just dies unless you hold down the throttle and even then it wants to die stall, I pop the hood to discover that the base of the carb is soaked in fuel. this truck Is a mazda b2200 93 base model, Could this be because of the float is sticking or needle seat valve. ive also had a misfire on this truck for a long time and have never really tried to diagnose it because of my laziness. could the misfire damage the internals of my carb? my oh so wonderful truck
Cusser   +1y
I hope you used Permatex Aviation "brown goo" sealant on the carb gasket and adapter gaskets, because RTV is not resistant to gasoline. And hopefully you checked the adapter surfaces for absolute straightness and/or sanded them flat on a piece of glass. Because it sounds like you have a vacuum leak there, air is getting in, and some gas is getting out.
kimballs   +1y
No but I did use blue gasket sealer and never checked or sanded. But I swapped out the gaskets and instantly gas was flowing what seemed to be a the carburetor gasket with doesn't use any sealant.
Page 1 of 1